• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Question

Started by morgan, February 09, 2008, 07:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgan

I saw here that, apart the various trilogies, there is lots of material about Deryni. But, in this "Deryni archives" there are the same characters of, for example, "the Deryni chronicles"? 'Cause I can't find info on amazon where I bought the others.
I'm interested in particular of what concern Morgan.
Thanks

Obiwan3

Morgan, have you checked out the Suggested Reading Order thread in the General section. Any of the Kelson books deal a lot with Alaric. Plus the last 2 books in the order, they deal with Alaric's early days.

Deryni Archives is a collection of Ms Kurtz short stories. About half of the short stories in "Archives" deal with Alaric's time period. I just counted 5 of the 8 stories are in this time period.

You may have to find some used book sellers, like ABEBOOKS.com, to search for them. Most likely they are out of print, so Amazon may not be carrying them.

Obiwan

Elkhound

You can also try your public library; if they don't have a book, they can get it for you on interlibrary loan.

morgan

Thanks.
Unfortunately, just when I looked for "the histories of King Kelson" and "King Kelson's bride", I looked in some library here in Milan but they hadn't them, so I bought them used on amazon.
I'll look for the archives next days.

DesertRose

Also, Deryni Archives is the name of the fan zine, in addition to being the title of KK's first collection of Deryni short stories.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)