• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Squirrel Meat

Started by Elkhound, April 28, 2009, 01:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Quote from: derynifanatic64 on January 20, 2013, 02:23:56 PM
Glad to hear that Zane is doing well too.

Thanks; I was worried about him, for a while, but right when we got our first cold snap he seemed to revive himself--become more alert and started eating like a furry vacuum cleaner.

Elkhound

Got some more squirrels!  I'm going to make "mokus paprikarsh".  Next week I'm going to cook a couple more up with some cabbage instead of corned beef for my St. Patrick's Day.

Goscamber

I got curious as what Google Search would come up with:

http://www.mikewest.net/squirrel/recipes.html

Elkhound

My latest excursus was as follows:

1. Stir fry some chopped onions, chopped celery, and chopped green peppers with a couple of tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste. 

2. Add the squirrels with about half a jar of curry paste, a cut up rutabaga, and a pint of vegetable broth.

3. Seal down lid and process for 20 minutes. 

4. Remove squirrels; using a fork, strip the meat off the bones, discarding the latter.  Return meat to pot and stir while bringing to boil.  Add 1 pint sour cream and blend.  Lower heat to simmer and replace cover, but DO NOT SEAL.

5.  When you have judeged that it has simmered enough (at least 10 min.), serve over rice or pasta.