• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:11:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 75
Total: 76
tmcd
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

I read this book.

Started by Farm Ur-Ted, January 02, 2009, 05:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farm Ur-Ted

JulianneTK

Gyrfalcon64207

Mak

It's on my to-be-read shelf.
-Mak

Elkhound

I read it a long time ago.  IIRC, it is very different from her other work.

thistlethorne

I read this book ages ago and it is probably the only book of Katherine's that I really don't care if I ever read again.  Definitely not like all the other books she's written.
I believe cats to be spirit come to earth.
 A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud
   without coming through.
                   --Jules Verne

JulianneTK

Both my husband and I read it many years ago. I believe it is the only book by KK that I did not keep a copy of.  I think my husband kept his copy of it, though...

Elkhound

I remember that it wasn't exactly bad, just not up to her usual standards.  It was an early effort, wasn't it?  Perhaps before she had 'found her voice.'

JulianneTK

Not that early. I had at least 6 Deryni novels by the time I read Legacy of Lehr.  I only bought  it because of who the author was, as I recall.

Amazon has a hardcover of it with copyright of 1986 and a paperback with a copyright of 1987 or 1988.

the Bee

I read it fairly recently.  I'd expected the Lehr Cats to be sentient beings with telepathic powers.

Elkhound

Quote from: JulianneTK on March 10, 2009, 06:28:48 PM
Not that early. I had at least 6 Deryni novels by the time I read Legacy of Lehr.  I only bought  it because of who the author was, as I recall.

Amazon has a hardcover of it with copyright of 1986 and a paperback with a copyright of 1987 or 1988.

Let's call it an experiment that didn't work out; she's certainly not written anything else in that universe.