• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,481
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Revised editions....

Started by Martin, December 31, 2008, 07:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Can anyone fill me in on what kind of added content the revised editions have?  Book by book, what kind of editions do they have? 

Any changes, as opposed to just added content?

Thanks...

Gyrfalcon64207

In the revised edition of Deryni Rising, instead of saying that Charissa had developed merasha, it says that she had been working with it.  Although that is a nit-picky sort of change, it stands out because merasha had already been around for years.

Martin

That's excellent.  That's actually the kind of changes I was hoping for, as it seems she really established the 'rules' about how it all works during the Camber series, so the merasha thing and a few others really stand out in the initial series....

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll definitely be getting them before my next re-read....  ;D

BalanceTheEnergies

Personally, I didn't have a problem with that business about Charissa and merasha. Alaric Morgan is the source (in the text) for the idea that she invented it, and he himself admits his esoteric knowledge is incomplete. Charissa could have been tinkering with merasha to minimize its taste or to enhance other characteristics; it would be easy to elide the point, so that she becomes its inventor.
Dubito ergo sum

Gyrfalcon64207

Ye-ah, but I like it better fixed.

BalanceTheEnergies

The thing I'd like to see clarified is the late reference to "Arilan's" forces in Checkmate (when Kelson talks about the letters he got late in the book after the schism). I think it should read "Cardiel's" forces. At that point in the story, Cardiel is Bishop of Dhassa ans Arilan is auxiliary bishop of Rhemuth under Corrigan, so logic tells me Arilan has no forces he can command (Corrigan and Loris as Primate would be giving them orders) while the Joshuic Foot is attached to the see of Dhassa and thus under Cardiel's command. it's also mentioned later that Morgan and Duncan find it odd that Cardiel seems to be quiet and deferential toward Arilan when Cardiel's letters showed him to be a much different, more take-charge type. I wonder if those letters are the same ones mentioned in Checkmate.
Dubito ergo sum

JackInNC

I recently finished the Childe Morgan trilogy recently, and am now thinking about rereading the first trilogy too.  But I just discovered that the revised editions exist, and am trying to figure out whether it is worth buying ebook versions of the revised ones or just reading the paper or ebook editions that I already have.  Any thoughts?

Evie

Quote from: JackInNC on December 25, 2018, 09:18:22 PM
I recently finished the Childe Morgan trilogy recently, and am now thinking about rereading the first trilogy too.  But I just discovered that the revised editions exist, and am trying to figure out whether it is worth buying ebook versions of the revised ones or just reading the paper or ebook editions that I already have.  Any thoughts?

I believe the ebooks are the revised editions (i.e., there aren't any ebooks of the original editions), so if you already have the ebooks, there isn't any need to go ordering the revised paperback editions unless you just want a complete set in paperback form also.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!