• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

DeryniFest

Started by Kelos_al-Hazar, October 17, 2008, 12:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelos_al-Hazar

Pity it didn't work out as a con, but anyway...

Those there, and I may not get everyone's names:
Katherine Kurtz, The_Bee, Sam Wise, my mother and I, the Kautzs and Susan Werner. There were several others I cannot remember the names of (that we met at the RenFaire), for which failing I totally apologize! (though we did have a Kelson!)

Went to lunch (I think it was) at Bob Evans, which was fun. I think the next day we went to the RenFaire at York, PA, and most of us had a good time. Me? I got lost once. Maybe twice. :) Mom wasn't able to go, and had been looking forward to the experience. I must say that most of those who went in costume of the group (myself excepted) were in wonderful costumes. Personally, I felt like I was just very uncomfortable, but that was greatly due to my costume being the least elaborate and (probably) the least authentic. Plus an unhealthy dose of lack of self-confidence, I don't doubt! Didn't get the in-costume discount either, which stung.

Anyway, we had a good time, though dinner afterward was a real experience. Outdoors in what I think was mid-30s? At least the (live-band) music wasn't terrible. If anyone has a better memory of what we did as a group, please do reply with your update! Got more than one amused look from vendors at the Faire when I used golden dollar coins to pay for various things, but hey, was trying to stay semi-authentic. Bad enough I had to dig into my (very Mundane) slacks (worn under costume) for the things!

Later that night, as the group convened in KK's rooms to discuss the movie casting (which was fun) I got some of the strangest looks and one guy asked me "When did you have surgery?" (probably due to the fact I was still partly in costume at the time; the visible part I still had on was the silver-gray tunic)

Must keep up with the group a bit better, though. I should have known the screenplay was being negotiated, and didn't. :-[

Bit of trivia here, and KK can attest if she so pleases: I met her at the front desk, and she actually greeted me first, by name, even though we'd not seen one another since 2002. (She has a phenomenal memory, and I must endeavor to improve mine.)

All in all, I think everyone had a good time, except maybe my mom, though she did get to meet and chat with Katherine, which was one of the reasons she attended.