• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Melissa in Nigeria? Needs Money? Dude!!!

Started by ravensensei, September 02, 2008, 09:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravensensei

So I came across this email in my box and excitedly opened it.  Yeah, it's Melissa, and she's in Nigeria, and she got mugged and they took her money and passport and now she needs money to get back.  and to buy lots of spam!

Just wanted to give a warning to what I'm almost positive (waiting to hear back from the lady herself) is Spamola...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I'm sorry I never inform you of my recent travel out of the country for a programme called "Empowering the Youth to fight Racism, HIV/AIDS and Poverty" It is currently holding in Nigeria, Austria and South Africa. Currently, i'm stranded here in Nigeria because I got robbed on my way to the hotel where I stay now. My ID, Credit card, cash and other valuables I have with me were stolen, I contacted the embassy here to help me out but it will take them a bit of time to get back to me, so I will need a soft loan of $2500 from you to help me sort out the hotel bills and get back home from here, I promise I will pay you back upon my return, please write back as soon as you can so that I can provide you with information which you are to use in sending the money to me via Western union money transfer, I trust you would help me out of here.

Regards.

Melissa Houle

Shiral

Hi All,

Melissa is most definitely NOT in Nigeria. (The most exotic place I've been all summer, and I didn't even get to GO!)  Had an unfortunate incident with having my hotmail account hijacked and the perp used  it to spam my entire hotmail contacts list last thursday.  I regained access to my email account late Friday night, and forwarded everything I wanted to keep into my new email address.  Fortunately, they did not appear to gain any access to my bank account or credit cards.

I'm not in Nigeria, I haven't been mugged, I know where my passport is, and am in no more need of $2,500.00 than I usually am.  ;)

But thank you for the concern. All is well.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!