• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Code of Conduct

Started by Bynw, September 16, 2018, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Code of Conduct

We have created this Code of Conduct to expand upon the philosophy of our community's simple 5 word rule:
Be Excellent to Each Other

These rules apply everywhere within this online community including, but not limited to, the message board at http://rhemuthcastle.com/, the #Deryni_Destinations chatroom on the OtherWorlders IRC Network. the Discord text and audio channels, and the email service provided by @deryni.net.

This Code of Conduct also applies to any future services provided to the members of this community.

To Be Excellent to Each Other means not to engage in personal attacks against other community members. It's OK to disagree, of course, but don't cross the line. If you question if something is going to cross the line, simply don't do it because it probably does cross that line.

To Be Excellent to Each Other means not to engage in real-world political discussions within the community unless explicitly invited to do so by another member and then only with that member. This topic can be volatile at times, not only in the United States but everywhere around the world. There is a time and place for these discussions but it's generally not in this community.

To Be Excellent to Each Other means not to harass other members. No does really mean no.

To Be Excellent to Each Other means to use common sense, to be polite, and sometimes to work things out among yourselves. Misunderstandings happen, and sometimes just a word or two can sort it all out with another member.

If you are unable to resolve an issue with another member of the community, please let one the admins know about the situation. They will confer with the other admins and work with you and the other member(s) involved for the best resolution for the community. The decision of the admin panel is final.

Penalties can range from a simple chat to clear up the misunderstanding to a member being censured and losing various privileges across the community, a full ban for a specific time period, or even a permanent ban for life. Membership in the community is a privilege and not a right.

This Code of Conduct is subject to change without prior notice. It is the individual member's responsibility to be aware of the content of these rules. Questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

I really appreciate the courtesy with which this board is conducted,  and would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all those of you who have set the tone which makes it such a special place. Your hard work and vigilance is much appreciated.  It is rare on line to find a place which feels so safe and where the general tone is of kindliness.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

We've had a fair influx of new forum members and chatters, which is wonderful!

Since we've got some new folks, it seems like a good time to boost this thread, a reminder to everyone: new, old, or somewhere in between.

These last few years have been rough, both on a macro level and closer to home for a lot of our forum members, including KK.

So, as a mod/admin, I ask that everyone refresh themselves on the first post of this thread.  I also ask that we hold a little grace for ourselves and each other.  A lot of us are tired, ill, grieving, stressed, stretched thin.  It's hard to extend much grace when we feel so depleted, but please try to be kind to yourselves and to your fellow humans in the fandom and beyond.

This fandom is largely a really lovely space full of lovely people; I don't have to put on the mod hat very often.  I've been a mod here well over a decade and I can still count on the fingers of one hand with digits to spare the number of times I've had to call down real people (as opposed to dropping the ban hammer on spam bots, which I have done with reckless abandon at times  ;D ).  I like it that way, and I hope y'all do too.

Please help us try to keep it that way.  Just be excellent to each other.

~DesertRose
RhemuthCastle.com Mod/Admin Team
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DoctorM

I agree with Revanne. This site has been a small oasis of kindness and courtesy, and I appreciate that-- and the moderators. I'm glad to have found the site.

revanne

I note that I made my comment in 2018. Since then the world in general, and my own life in particular, have gone through real trauma. I have left more than one site I enjoyed because I cannot deal with aggression or contention - which is very different from passionate discussion.

So thank you again to our moderators and residents who keep this a safe, friendly space.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I dearly hope my comments are taken as passionate discussion and nothing more. I know I can be stubborn as all get out on subjects that I have always thought of as one way. But I do like other points of view. Makes my mind get into thinking mode. I apologize if any one thought of it as anything other than open discussion.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

I don't think anyone took any of your commentary as aggressive or anything, Laurna; it's just, we've got some new folks and it seemed like a good time to remind people to be excellent to each other.

We almost always are, around here.  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)