• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 211
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Welcome Earthside, Madeline! (Niece of ambush)

Started by DesertRose, May 30, 2018, 06:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

I am pleased to announce that Sarah, younger sister of our dear ambush/Rex_Kelsonus/Dawson, gave birth at 3:11 p.m. CDT today (30 May 2018) to a baby girl named Madeline, who weighs 6 lbs 13 oz (just over 3 kg)!

She is adorable, and Mama and baby are both doing very well.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Congratulations and much happiness wished to the family!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

That's lovely news. Congratulations.

Incidentally we still weigh babies in pounds and ounces thiugh we use kilos for everything else. Good old British muddle.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

A new baby! Bynw, sing her a lullaby from all of us.
Congratulations to Sarah, Daddy and all the family.

In ultrasound we estimate the baby's weight in grams.That is for the doctor, and then we covert the grams to pounds and ounces for the parents. It is the only time that I ever use the metric system for weight.  Revanne, your comment about the opposite made me laugh.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Congratulations to Sarah and the whole family on their adorable new addition! 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on May 31, 2018, 03:08:32 AM

In ultrasound we estimate the baby's weight in grams.That is for the doctor, and then we covert the grams to pounds and ounces for the parents. It is the only time that I ever use the metric system for weight.  Revanne, your comment about the opposite made me laugh.

I know Bynw is friends with Sarah on Facebook, but they aren't technically related.  Sarah is Dawson's half sister (they share a father but not a mother), and Bynw was once Dawson's stepfather.  (His first wife, Tika/Donna, is ambush's/Dawson's mom, but Tika and Bynw divorced a few years before Dawson/ambush died.

They are both in Central time, but Bynw is in Iowa and Sarah is in Alabama.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

Quote from: DesertRose on May 31, 2018, 02:16:21 PM

I know Bynw is friends with Sarah on Facebook, but they aren't technically related.  Sarah is Dawson's half sister (they share a father but not a mother), and Bynw was once Dawson's stepfather.  (His first wife, Tika/Donna, is ambush's/Dawson's mom, but Tika and Bynw divorced a few years before Dawson/ambush died.

But we adopted each other.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Bynw

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Shiral

Congratulations to Sarah and the Daddy! Welcome to Earthside Madeline!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on May 31, 2018, 05:20:39 PM
Quote from: DesertRose on May 31, 2018, 02:16:21 PM

But we adopted each other.

I know.  :D

I just figured since the family situation is a little complicated (whose isn't?  ;) ), I'd explain.

ETA:  And family is not always defined by blood or marriage; at times, it's defined by choice and actions.  <3