• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139
DoctorM
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Video Q&A With Katherine

Started by Bynw, January 16, 2018, 06:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in participating or just watching a Q&A session with Katherine?

I'd Like to just be able to watch it (maybe via YouTube)
I would love to participate live!
I would like to submit questions but have someone else ask them, and I would watch it.
Something else? Leave a comment!

Bynw

Seeing if there is any interest in this ... of course we would have to get Our Queen on board with it but that shouldn't be too hard really.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DesertRose

Sounds like fun to me, assuming KK wants to do it.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

I have no idea how live participation would work unless there is some way to record a video chat with multiple participants in different locations, but a video of her answering questions submitted to her would work also. 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on January 16, 2018, 08:48:00 PM
I have no idea how live participation would work unless there is some way to record a video chat with multiple participants in different locations, but a video of her answering questions submitted to her would work also.

I think you can do it via several video chat clients.  I know Google Hangouts and Discord both have multi-user video chat options; I'm not sure about recording, but just because I don't know doesn't mean that there isn't a recording option on one or both of those or some other client.  Maybe Zoom?
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

Actually what I am planning on using can make recordings with YoutTube and allow for unlimited number of viewers and of course can record it

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on January 16, 2018, 09:33:54 PM
Actually what I am planning on using can make recordings with YoutTube and allow for unlimited number of viewers and of course can record it

Bynw has the tech/logistics angle covered.

HoundMistress

I can't get the video attachment to open. Any hints?
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DesertRose

Quote from: judywward on January 17, 2018, 08:39:45 AM
I can't get the video attachment to open. Any hints?

Oh, it was me being a smart-mouth.  It's a gif from the Disney movie Aladdin, wherein Iago is on Jafar's shoulder and is ranting; more specifically it's the moment when Iago says, "I'm going to have a heart attack and die from NOT SURPRISE!"

HoundMistress

I'd love to see or participate in a video chat with KK. Hope someone can figure out how to do that. I guess it would work like any business meeting where you have people calling in who can't be there in person.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

I'd love to be able to be part of this but I'm not sure the timing would work, assuming that evening eastern time would be the most obvious choice- it would be great to watch afterwards though.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on January 17, 2018, 10:26:22 AM
I'd love to be able to be part of this but I'm not sure the timing would work, assuming that evening eastern time would be the most obvious choice- it would be great to watch afterwards though.

You could probably submit questions for someone who's awake at that hour to ask for you, and then watch the recording later, assuming you couldn't make it to the live chat.  :)

revanne

Quote from: DesertRose on January 17, 2018, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: revanne on January 17, 2018, 10:26:22 AM

You could probably submit questions for someone who's awake at that hour to ask for you, and then watch the recording later, assuming you couldn't make it to the live chat.  :)
I'd hope to do that.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

dont forget to vote in the poll :)

Evie

People who usually check this forum via the mobile page might not see the poll. I think I had to log onto my laptop to see what you were referring to, or at least go to the regular web version of the page.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

JediMatt1000

I would be very excited to do something like this!  :D
"Be the change you wish to see."