• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The rest of the world

Started by whitelaughter, January 23, 2016, 10:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronanbor

Quote from: Laurna on November 08, 2020, 06:07:37 AMWe have had a few fan fic authors writing stories about Deryni Families on several different islands off the North sea and around the Norselands.
I know this has been "Long Ago", but any chance of you giving specifics about where to find these?  I would love to read them.
Cronanbor

Laurna

One set of stories that I was thinking of was by Aerlys. I got to enjoy reading several chapters, however I don't believe she ever finished it enough to post her story here. Periodically, she says hello in chat. It was an adventurous story about a Deryni village in the Norselands.
The other stories I was thinking of would be Jerusha's tales about the Cameron family on Isles, which is an island north of Claibourne. Scattered details emerged about the Barony Isles in the Game/Story Ghosts of the Past. Jerusha has ideas about expanding the family's story line. Some day.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

My island kingdom of Llyr that pops up in some of my fanfic story arc is a non-canonical kingdom that is somewhere to the West or Southwest of Gwynedd. In my personal head canon, Llyr was primarily settled by a group of survivors of whatever catastrophe befell ancient Caeriesse. They were some of the fortunate few who either were outside of that kingdom when it was destroyed (possibly having sailed away to trade with other lands and then returned to find their home destroyed), along with some who heeded the early warning signs and left Caeriesse before it sank into the sea. (I always assumed what happened was along the lines of a volcanic eruption like the one that destroyed Santorini.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!