collapse

Welcome to the Worlds of Katherine Kurtz

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle!

KK Chat is at 7pm Eastern on Sundays, except on the first Sunday of the month, when it is at 5pm Eastern to accommodate fans in the UK and Europe.

Come join us in chat! And Happy reading!

Pin yourself on the member map.

Author Topic: Characters  (Read 191 times)

Offline Bynw

• Zipper Brother
  • Administrator
  • Baron/Baroness
    • OtherWorlders IRC Network
  • Favorite Book: Two Crowns for America
  • Favorite Character: Camber of Culdi
  • Twitter: anlarye
Characters
« on: October 27, 2017, 04:43:26 pm »
You can post characters here (and in your profile too if you like). Even include a picture you are artistically inclined.
Otherwise just put a description.

Here is a template to use:
Character Name:                                                                                 Race:
Gender:                                               Age:                                         Size:

Hit Points:                                                                                             Movement:
Weapon Proficiency Group:
Weapon Mastery:

Family Trade:
Belief:
Gold:

Traits:

Inventory:

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
Re: Characters
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 10:57:26 pm »
          Washburn Alaric Cynfyn Morgan

Race: Deryni
Gender: Male                                              Age: 24                                      Size:Tall, broad of shoulder

Hit Points:   6   
                                                                                       Movement:
Weapon Proficiency Group: Heavy Melee Weapons
Weapon Mastery:Great Sword
Additional Proficiency Group: Ranged Weapons
Additional mastery: Bow

Family Trade: Nobility, brother to the Duke of Corwyn and the Earl of Lendour
Belief: Honor and loyalty to kingdom and family.

Gold: 10 gold

Traits:
1) Additional Weapon Proficiency: Multi-talented in combat. You can choose a 2nd or more weapon group to be proficient with allowing you to use more weapons without penalties
2) Additional Weapon Mastery: A true warrior. You can choose another weapon to have Mastery within any weapon group you are proficient in.
3) Telekinesis (Deryni): Moving without moving You can move small options just by thinking about it. You must have eye contact with the object and make a standard 2d6 Test.

Power Trait is automatic:
Power (Deryni): Also, I can kill you with my brain. You have power because of your species or you are a human that has been granted power by another Deryni. You can read minds of others, create hand-fire or light a campfire or candle, you can tell if someone is lying. And you can communicate telepathically with others. Doing this is an action, and you must make a standard 2d6 Test. If you are trying to manipulate an object or creature, you must have eye contact with it. You can also perform a simple Ranged attack, such as throwing a ball of kinetic energy, which is treated just like any other Ranged attack in Combat.

Appearance:
Washburn’s appearance: Tall, broad of shoulder, shoulder length blond hair, mustache, blue eyes. Normally seen wearing black breeches and tunic, tunic is embroidered with the ancient family heraldry of Lendour (a red leaping stag), belted with a knight’s white belt. Chain mail shirt worn under the tunic. Helm, and riding grieves not always worn but never left behind.

Inventory:
Every Adventure starts with 10 gold coins.
One weapon of choice is a Great sword- rubies in the hilt.
Second weapon, an ebony longbow with a quiver of red and black feathered arrows.
Standard Adventurer's kit which contains the following items: a bedroll, flint & steel, a belt pouch, a rucksack, a lantern, an empty waterskin, 3 pints of oil, a rope (50 feet), rations (7 days), a torch, and a cloak.

Additional weapons, equipment, horse (black R'kassi stallion named Night Dancer. On more adventurous travels his steed may be left in the Corwyn stables and a decent quality destrier is purchased.) and the like will cost gold coins.

Hah! Bynw. I don't set my sights too high, now do I?

Name edited due to the time setting of the game. Washburn is the youngest son of Alaric Morgan and youngest brother of Duke Kelric. He now has a higher standard to live up to than did his name sake of 175 years ago. Like his name sake and his father  he succeeded by being the best warrior he can be, but the high court society doesn't quite fit with his copying his father's darkling-stage persona. and he prefers the challenges of scouting and adventuring that his king often sends him out on. edited 11/14/17 Laurna ;D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:03:42 pm by Laurna »

Offline Evie

• Administrator
  • Prince/Princess
  • Sister Evie--Servant of Saint Camber
    • The Mini-Deryni Chronicles
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni or The King's Justice (can't decide)
  • Favorite Character: President of the Duncan McLain Fanbabe Society
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:00:03 am »
Evie's Character Profile:

Character Name: Aliset de Mariot         
Race: Deryni
Gender: Female                                      Age: 19                              Size: 5'7"

Hit Points: 6                                                                                            Movement: 25 ft./round
Weapon Proficiency Group: Light Melee Weapons
Weapon Mastery: Dagger

Family Trade: Lesser nobility (father was a knight in service to one of the kingdom's barons)

Belief: This was her father's moral code, which he taught to all his children: "Deryni must be the guardians of peace, not instigators of violence except in extreme need. We use our powers to defend and protect, not to attack others unless it is in the service of our lord or the King.  We do not kill if incapacitation will suffice; we will not incapacitate if mere wounding will suffice, and we will not seek to wound at all if words will suffice. Deryni serve others for the good of the kingdom. When we assume the mantle of leadership, it is in the King's service and not for personal gain or glory. We do not flaunt our Deryni gifts among those who are made uneasy by them unless we must, but we are not ashamed of them, for despite some humans' lingering lack of understanding and acceptance of them, they are a divine gift. We seek constantly to improve ourselves and our gifts through knowledge and training."

Gold: 10

Traits:Power, Shapechanger, Spell-touched, Spell Reader.

Power (Deryni): Also, I can kill you with my brain. You have power because of your species or you are a human that has been granted power by another Deryni. You can read minds of others, create hand-fire or light a campfire or candle, you can tell if someone is lying. And you can communicate telepathically with others. Doing this is an action, and you must make a standard 2d6 Test. If you are trying to manipulate an object or creature, you must have eye contact with it. You can also perform a simple Ranged attack, such as throwing a ball of kinetic energy, which is treated just like any other Ranged attack in Combat.

Shapechange (Deryni): The best way to hide in plain sight. As an Action, you can Test 2d6 to transform into someone else, compleating changing one’s appearance and even gender. You can revert to your normal form as an Action.

Spell Reader (Deryni): P as in phylactery. You have spent years learning the sacred language of the arcane, allowing you to read power-laced words from magic scrolls.

Spell-Touched (Deryni): It runs in the family. You were born with an arcane heritage, and while the centuries have diluted the power, you are still able to subtly influence the world around you by merely willing it to happen.

Inventory: Belt dagger, a bedroll, flint & steel, a belt pouch, a rucksack, a lantern, an empty waterskin, 3 pints of oil, a rope (50 feet), rations (7 days), a torch, and a cloak. (If I can add items beyond the standard kit everyone gets, she would also have at least one complete set of male and female clothing in muted colors that will allow her to blend in rather than stand out in most surroundings, and if possible she'd have her family's old grimoire passed down through her mother's side of the family, which contains at least a basic useful collection of spells most trained Deryni would be aware of, and perhaps the occasional more unusual spell at the GM's discretion.  ;) )

Description: Brown eyes, long wavy brown hair normally contained in a single braid and sometimes knotted at the nape of her neck.  Her slender but lightly muscled build is on the tall side of average for a woman, not so tall that she stands out markedly in female company, yet not so diminutive that she can't pass herself off easily as a young man when shapeshifting.  As a daughter of a Deryni knight's household, she was taught all the expected domestic tasks of manorial household management, but her father believed in educating his children beyond the basics, so in addition to such skills, she is literate enough to enjoy reading and learning new things and new skills, especially in arcane matters (not that it is easy to get her hands on fresh reading material on arcane matters, after so many years of Deryni persecution). She was partially trained in the use of her Deryni gifts, and might have eventually achieved full mastery of them, if it were not for the untimely death of most of her family due to a border dispute with a greedy neighbor (and distant cousin) who took advantage of their manor's distant location from King and Council (and the temporary absence of their baron at Court) to arrange for a series of "accidents" to befall her father and brothers, leaving her as the heiress to the manor, whom he planned to marry to gain her lands. Shapeshifting into the male form of her late twin brother, Alister, Aliset fled from her manorial holdings before her neighbor could get his hands on her, and she intends to make her way to distant Rhemuth to plead her case before the King. In the meantime, her wily cousin, who is the heir apparent to her properties now that she has disappeared, has taken over the manor and staffed it with his own loyal servants and guard, so she can probably expect no help to arrive from that quarter despite the loyalties of her former household and villagers.  Aliset reverts to her female form whenever she feels it is safe to do so, but while traveling she tends to resume Alister's likeness since a young man traveling through the kingdom is less likely to cause comment than a lone female.

(See OOC thread at http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,2092.msg17298.html#msg17298 for why I decided to post a doll photo for my character.  LOL!)

[Edited to make her slightly younger, since given the younger age of full adulthood in Gwynedd, it would be more likely for a woman in her teens to still be unmarried than one in her 20s. Additionally edited due to the ridiculous lack of Google images of brown-haired women with a single braid.  New edit made to belief statement due to setting being a few decades after the repeal of the Statutes of Ramos.]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:34:14 am by Evie »
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:22:59 am »
Love it Evie!

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »
Jerusha's character's profile.  I've never done this before, but here goes.  Hopefully this is not too much information.

Character Name: Darcy Solveig Cameron      Race:  Deryni (unknown to him)
Gender:  Male            Age:  22   Size:  5’ 4”; compact but strong

Hit Points: 6               Movement:
Weapon Proficiency Group:  Light Melee Weapons
Weapon Mastery:  Short sword

Family Trade:  Nobility, but has spent the last 12 years at sea
Belief:  There is a reason I still survive, and I will find it.
Gold:  10

Traits:  Power (automatic); Eidetic memory, Precise attacker; Survivalist

Eidetic Memory: You remember that guy in that city? Who did that thing? What did he say? When Testing to recall information you have seen or heard previously – even in passing – you succeed on a roll of 4, 5, or 6.

Precise Attacker: It’s not the size of your weapon, it’s how you use it. When using the Focus Action, your next attack with a light melee weapon is successful on a Test of 3, 4, 5, or 6.

Survivalist: These berries are safe to eat... I think. You gain Advantage when Testing to forage for food, find water, seek shelter, or create shelter in the wild.

Inventory: Standard Adventurer kit which contains the following items: a bedroll, flint & steel, a belt pouch, a rucksack, a lantern, an empty waterskin, 3 pints of oil, a rope (50 feet), rations (7 days), a torch, and a cloak.  A short sword and a pair of throwing daggers. 

Description:  Darcy Cameron is the second son of the Baron o’ Isles, a vassal of the Duchy of Claiborne holding a group of craggy islands in the Northern Sea northeast of Claiborne.  Isles has for centuries been the first line of defense against Norse invaders.  To this day, watch fires still stand ready to warn the mainland of attack while Cameron forces engage the invaders.  Darcy’s pale blond hair (worn in a highland braid) and ice-blue eyes are part of the Cameron legacy, along with being Deryni.

But Darcy does not know of this part of his heritage.  Iain, his older brother, was sent south by Baron Solveig Cameron for training at court when Darcy was five years old.  Within a year, the Baron mysteriously died, and only six months later his mother married a prosperous and ambitious merchant.  He is a cruel man and abusive, causing his wife to withdraw to the safety of madness. Isolated from his mother and misused by his stepfather, Darcy’s Deryni heritage has never been revealed to him. When Darcy was ten, his stepfather sold him to the captain of a northern trading ship, sending word to Iain that the boy had died of a fever.  In spite of the harsh life on the northern seas, Darcy worked his way up to the position of ship’s navigator. However, when the captain died and the new owner of the ship preferred his own navigator, Darcy decided to give up life at sea and was set ashore in Cassan.

Darcy leaves the ship wearing a plain brown tunic and hose. His boots are of sturdy, good leather.  He wears a supple, oiled-leather cloak.  His short sword hangs from the belt at his waist, and his sea bag is slung over his shoulder.

Last edit: Having now read some of the rules, I added a description of Darcy's apparel and removed the spyglass and sextant because they cost way too much!

Another edit:  Removed Additional Weapons Mastery because Bynw advised I had too many traits.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:50:40 am by Jerusha »
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Offline Bifph

• Squire
  • Favorite Book: Whichever I happen to be reading
  • Favorite Character: the "good guys"
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 02:34:43 pm »
Character Name: Trello    Race: Deryni
Gender: Male                     Age: 15      Size: Shorter and thinner than average

Hit Points:    6          Movement:
Weapon Proficiency Group: Light Melee Weapons
Weapon Mastery: Dagger

Family Trade: Lesser Merchant Class - city of Beldour in Torenth

Belief: Trello is a loyal subject of King Liam Lajos. Trello would consider it shameful to ever do anything that would bring distress to the kingdom of Torenth. Trello is also loyal and honorable to his family and friends. Trello has a bit of ambition, but wouldn’t want to come off as haughty. He is a seeker of knowledge and a teacher of what he has learned.

Description: Born into a lesser merchant family in the city of Beladour, Torenth, Trello was better off than the common people who lived near the river. He knew he was fortunate indeed that his father was of some means, but he also knew that he could not long stretch the family income, so he must find himself gainful employment. Or in Trello's case, a sponsor.

Trello, as most around him knew from an early age, was not without his skill set. Beginning nearly as soon as he could walk, Trello had an uncanny ability with rhythm. Every pot, pan, spoon and tool became part of the percussion session. As his language developed, so to his ability to put words to the tunes that always seemed to be in his head. The nearby tavern introduced him to the lute, the fife, the horn, the pipes. Each in their turn he became master of until the locals could teach him no longer.

It is now Trello’s turn to depart his father’s shop and find places and people who can teach him more or would pay him for his skills.

Gold: 10

Traits: Spell Touched, Charismatic, Nimble Fingers, Perceptive

Spell Touched: It runs in the family. You were born with an arcane heritage, and while the centuries have diluted the power, you are still able to subtly influence the world around you by merely willing it to happen.

Charismatic: I can get what I want without even asking. You gain Advantage when attempting to convince someone of something or otherwise influence them.

Nimble Fingers: I could have sworn I left it right here! You gain Advantage when Testing to pick locks, steal, or do slight-offhand.

Perceptive: What has been seen cannot be unseen. You gain Advantage when Testing to gain information about your surroundings or find things which may be hidden. You gain this even while asleep.

Inventory: Adventure's kit, Lute, Tin Whistle, drum sticks (2), Concertina

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Re: Happy birthday, Laurna! by Laurna
[November 18, 2017, 07:56:16 pm]

Re: Happy birthday, Laurna! by MidnightBlue
[November 18, 2017, 07:19:43 pm]

Re: Happy birthday, Laurna! by Jerusha
[November 18, 2017, 06:22:20 pm]

Re: Happy birthday, Laurna! by Laurna
[November 18, 2017, 06:19:48 pm]

Re: Happy birthday, Laurna! by Demercia
[November 18, 2017, 03:55:49 pm]

* Who's Online