• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Will there be new novels?

Started by Lvirden, October 17, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lvirden

So as far as I can tell, the last novel released was The King's Deryni, back in 2014.

Is this universe of stories complete, or will there be more stores in the upcoming years?

DesertRose

Ms. Kurtz has a book in the planning stages, tentatively titled The Road to Killingford, but offline life has kept her hopping, and she hasn't reported having much time to make progress on the book.

(And yes, The King's Deryni was her most recent publication.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

Quote from: Lvirden on October 17, 2018, 10:05:11 AM
So as far as I can tell, the last novel released was The King's Deryni, back in 2014.

Is this universe of stories complete, or will there be more stores in the upcoming years?

The King's Deryni was the 3rd book of the Childe Morgan Trilogy. Completing that trilogy and closing more of the gap that exists between the end of the Heirs of Saint Camber and the beginning of Deryni Rising.

Katherine is currently working on "The Road to Killingford", this is probably just in outline form right now as the last update from herself was that no actual writing has started. But this will be the next book closing more of that gap of time.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on October 17, 2018, 11:05:28 AM
Quote from: Lvirden on October 17, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

The King's Deryni was the 3rd book of the Childe Morgan Trilogy. Completing that trilogy and closing more of the gap that exists between the end of the Heirs of Saint Camber and the beginning of Deryni Rising.

Katherine is currently working on "The Road to Killingford", this is probably just in outline form right now as the last update from herself was that no actual writing has started. But this will be the next book closing more of that gap of time.

LOL, @Bynw we must have been typing at about the same time.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

I am anticipating that the "Road To Killingford" will be the political set up for the huge war that happened in 1025. I think we will meet a lot of people on both Gwynedd and Torenthi sides. The codex gives us a small glimps of what happened. Yet the is  a lot of detail and court intrique that I imagine will be in KK's novel. Stuff that should be very interesting to read.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

:There are a LOT of stories in the Codex that really could use filling out.