• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 11:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

I feel like the stage has been set for something to happen....

And almost all the senior nobility of Gwynedd is in Kelson's council chamber.  I'm glad this isn't Balance of Power;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

The Grand Duke's agent in the Gwynedd Court sets off a suicide bomb in Rhemuth Castle.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

Luckily they have not been invented.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Actually, according to DR''s fanfic Kenwood  Calder died in a fall from a horse in 1138 and Stephen de Varnay became Earl of Scheele,
I agree, having all Kelson's senior advisors  in one place with Feyd  on the loose is a little scary. Glad they don'T have bombs yet
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Sorry I was trying to find names at 3am. Fixed.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Jerusha salutes revanne with a goblet of fine Fianna.  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 11, 2018, 12:30:41 PM
Actually, according to DR''s fanfic Kenwood  Calder died in a fall from a horse in 1138 and Stephen de Varnay became Earl of Scheele,

True, but even though seeing nods to previous fanfiction is nice, trying to keep strict adherence to all the details of every fanfic written on this forum thus far would be really intimidating, not to mention probably contradictions would probably happen anyway. I don't recall every small detail of my own stories anymore, let alone everyone else's!  So if Kenwood dies in one fanfic but is still alive and well decades later in another one, I don't really see that as a major thing.  (Now contradictions with canon would be another story! I really don't want to see Archbishop Loris making a comeback in Ghosts of the Past!)

I tend to think of the fanfic stories as being set in alternate universes to the canonical one, and sometimes even alternate to other fanfic writers' imaginings.  In my mind it's something like the multidimensional universe in that old TV show "Sliders," where the show's characters kept "Sliding" from one alternate version of Earth to the next, trying to return home to their own Earth of origin. Some of the Earths they ended up on were almost identical to their own, with only some tiny divergence in the historical timeline making a small but noticeable change.  Other Earths were wildly different because of some major historical detail got changed, forever altering that particular world's future and making it radically different from our own. So that sort of way of looking at it allows the Future Gwynedd of Balance of Power to co-exist with Jerusha's excellent story St. Valentine's Feast, even though the events in those two stories so contradict each other that it would be impossible to try to dovetail them into the same universe's Gwynedd.  (I actually considered it at first, until I realized that would not only mean blowing up most of Jerusha's characters to Kingdom Come, which she might not really appreciate, but I'd also have to change my own story idea beyond all recognition to make it all work out.)

So Stefan is fine with Kenwood surviving in this particular AU; that just means he doesn't have to spend his time constantly traveling between Sheele and Kestrel Mote!  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DerynifanK

Salute to all the great writers in this thread. You keep me on pins and needles. You are all amazing
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 11, 2018, 01:32:38 PM
Salute to all the great writers in this thread. You keep me on pins and needkes.

So are Needkes kind of like need-kisses. because all of us need a good kiss right about now.  ;) ;D ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Bynw

Ohhhhh Loris would be so fun to have around. But yes in canon he is no more. So in this storyline that springs from canon at its root we cannot have him. Now we can always start up an alternative history game too. That could be interesting.

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on May 11, 2018, 03:27:06 PM
Ohhhhh Loris would be so fun to have around.

You have a twisted idea of fun.   ;D  ;D  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on May 11, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

Oh I can play evil characters. Be glad I have Feyd here. He has scruples, not many mind you, but he does have them. Loris on the other hand, despite being a priest and archbishop is a man without scruples when it comes to the persecution of the Deryni. After all those thrice damned souless demons in human skin are lower than animals. He would be fun to let loose in an alternate timeline where he was still ArchBishop and Primate of all Gwynedd.

revanne

I'm not convinced he couldn't be in this story. After all it is entitled "Ghosts of the Past."  Who better to be a spooky scary spectre?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on May 11, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

This tidbit is news to you?!?!  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)