• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 389
Total: 389
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on December 18, 2017, 03:32:55 PM
Evie, Is Alister still dressed as a monk? Does he/she have the hood up or down? Or is he/she in normal cloths?

I didn't change her out of her monk's clothing. I figured she probably would feel self-conscious changing clothes in front of a priest, even in her borrowed male form.  And since it's wet out, she probably has the hood up, though she might lower it to show Washburn it's her and not someone else. :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Quote from: revanne on December 18, 2017, 04:18:14 PM
I am wondering who might be left to be a threat in Meara? Laurna, you're the geneologist, what do you reckon?

Whoever it might be who considers himself (or herself) a just claimant to the Mearan throne, I'm also wondering if perhaps there is someone meddling with local matters from outside the Kingdom in order to cause headaches (and a possible distraction) for Kelson.  Teymuraz was killed by Duke Alaric, but he left heirs who share his pretensions to Torenth and his hatred for Gwynedd.  Maybe some descendant of Teymuraz is meddling in Meara affairs, trying to set up a puppet ruler there who will distract Kelson's focus away from some larger, more insidious plot?

But hey, that's just me and my evil mind awhirl....   ;)   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?topic=2145.msg17663#msg17663

This is my list for descendants of the Prince of Meara.  It is as yet incomplete. not all births and deaths are recorded.  Make of it what you will.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on December 18, 2017, 04:18:14 PM
I am wondering who might be left to be a threat in Meara? Laurna, you're the geneologist, what do you reckon?

Not all would-be kings need to be prince's or decedents of prince's for that matter. If one has the proper backing or can exhibit power and vision. You can be anybody and be elevated to rank, title, and privilege.

Look at Warren de Grey.

The field is wide open on who could be the mastermind behind it.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

I'm a Brit,  Bynw, I do hereditary principal!
A bit dodgy maybe ( Im thinking of you, Henry Tudor) but in the bloodline somewhere.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Well played, revanne; I was trying to come up with a pretext for Aliset to go for that amulet herself!   ;D

So did you actually Heal the poor guy or not before cutting away most of his power and protection?  It looked like the dice roll for Healing was a success, but then you yanked Columcil out of that healing trance so fast, his head probably spun! LOL!

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Columcil pulled out before the healing as I wasn't sure whether the amulet would block it and figured the dice roll was for the healing trance. I've added a couple of sentencez to make it clear.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Wow! You get me into the Descendant thing and I forget all about reading and writing. I need to catch up. :P
(After I feed: Horses, dogs, cats and peacocks. Oh and Dad his lunch!)

.... later....
OH Ooch! I almost feel sorry for Austin. Almost.

Laurna

Without me looking for it and rereading it, does anyone remember how much info Wincent had gotten out of Derry's amulet when he took it from him. Did he know that it was Alaric's or did he use it? My memory is falling me on the subject.

Evie

I don't remember offhand, but it needn't be the same sort of amulet/medallion in any case.  I think Austin's master would have imbued his amulet of protection with whatever specific magics he wanted to give it, which would probably have included some way to enhance and expand on his psychic link with his minion to aid in communicating with him and keeping track of his whereabouts, but also would have enhanced Austin's ability to block against some forms of magic/psychic interference that his own natural (albeit human) shielding wouldn't have been strong enough to protect him from.  It would also serve as a focus for Austin if he needed to send a psychic message back to his master, especially if he needed to do so at some other time than their prearranged interval.  So I guess in those ways it is very similar to the St. Camber medallion Alaric gave Derry, except that I don't recall Derry's medallion having specific powers to block Mind-Reading, Truth-Reading, or other psychic interference, so it might be different in that respect.  Then again, it's also been a few years since I read HD.

Since I doubt that Austin's master is the overly scrupulous sort, it could be that he's programmed that amulet for a few darker functions as well, such as tripping a Death-Trigger on Austin if he ever gets into a situation where he's irretrievable and likely to reveal too much information. So maybe it's a good thing it's no longer around his neck....  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

I had an idea just now, but it would involve using Ward Cubes, and looking back over my character profile, I realized that it doesn't specifically say anything about having Ward Cubes, and I don't think anyone else thought to add that into their list of equipment to begin with either!  Yet I can't imagine that a party of Deryni adventurers in a time period where being Deryni is mostly accepted wouldn't have at least one set of Ward Cubes among them somewhere. Should we maybe roll a d6 to see if we happen to have a set in our travel kit?   I mean, I could even imagine Darcy being attracted at some point in his history to buy a set of attractive dice, not realizing what drew him to them is that they're actually Deryni ward cubes. LOL!  The idea I had isn't completely dependent on us having a set of Ward Cubes to use, but I thought it might be handy to know if we have some with us or not for future reference.  I'll go ahead and roll for Aliset.  1 to 3= No, 4 to 6=Yes.

((Dice roll 2, Validation #2vn7tjk78x))

Well, dagnabbit, she must have fled her home too quickly to grab all her magical supplies.  *sigh*

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Remember that pouch Darcy has secreted in his sea bag?  The one he accepted from the Deryni Quartermaster before the man drowned?  He did have a look inside it, to make sure he wasn't carrying anything that might get him killed.

Odd dice, that tingle ever so slightly when he handles them. 

Does this require a dice roll?  It was in my plan early on.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

That is something you can spend a Hero Point on. Hey look I do have Ward Cubes. Minor alterations in reality that can help you are OK as long as they are not earth changing of course. An object in the right place. A friendly helpful NPC.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on December 20, 2017, 10:01:18 AM
That is something you can spend a Hero Point on. Hey look I do have Ward Cubes. Minor alterations in reality that can help you are OK as long as they are not earth changing of course. An object in the right place. A friendly helpful NPC.

This brings up the question, when we decide to spend a Hero Point, do we have to declare we're spending it before we roll the dice? Or can we use the Hero Point to ensure success without having to roll the dice at all?  Or if we've rolled the dice but failed by one point (or just failed, period), can we then use the Hero Point to turn it into a success roll? Or all of the above?

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Of all the people in our group, Wash should have ward cubes. But if he doesn't have them, I don't think I am willing to waste  a hero point for it. Right about now, I think he would rather do a Death Reading of his friend's killer, than concentrate hard enough to create a ward.  Sorry.

I am going to be out of town for today, Wednesday. Just know that if Alister's killer does anything stupid, the black knight's dagger is in hand and prepared to be used. Also his bow is on his back, ready. Anyone can play him for me, if needful.

See everyone tomorrow.