• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Does anyone else feel that this day has more than the normal  allotment of hous? It really seems to have no end.
Feel really sorry  for the man who has to report to Valerian. Doesn'T look like it will be a good outcome  for him. Wonder how he came  to serve such a harsh master?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on March 28, 2018, 05:07:26 PM
Amazing how therapeutic writing is for stress.

Therapeutic, I like that. I've been calling it an adventure escape. Of course I won't tell you what I call it when it's my own characters head on the chopping block. That is when the real world is therapeutic. :D

Quote from: DerynifanK on March 28, 2018, 08:31:19 PM
Does anyone else feel that this day has more than the normal  allotment of hours? It really seems to have no end.
Feel really sorry  for the man who has to report to Valerian. Doesn'T look like it will be a good outcome  for him. Wonder how he came  to serve such a harsh master?
I am sure Valerian will ultimatly show restraint for the messenger. However, I am thinking Lord Buckley would do better to stay in the Connait with his family, like forever!

About this long summer day. Wash will agree with you. Even though there was a little inconsistinacy in the time line, we did lose a day in a Meresha haze inside the warded dome. So this day started with Lord Jaxom finding the dome in the woods out side of Droghera. The morning Wash and Darcy were waiting in the tree was a full day and a half before where we are at now.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

In fairness to Valerian, his vassal would not have been anything like as afraid were it not for those wretched dice that prolonged his agony. Incidentally I am sure that in Torenth and points east they are known as "cursed Geyneddian dice!"
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Poor Darcy. That's what comes of 48 hour days.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

LOL Evie.  That was the best snake-eyes roll of the game.
I mean, what girl wouldn't want to end a day like this in the arms of Duke Kelric Morgan of Corwyn.
Giggle, giggle, giggle.

P.S. Does Aliset maintain her disguise or does she falter back to herself? Thus, adding even more distress for Duke Kelric. I do hope Darcy and Father Columcil are close at hand.  ;)  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Your wish is my command.  ;D

Thanks, revanne, for letting me borrow Father Columcil for a moment.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Given that she has been using it rather extensively. It should stay even when she is asleep or loses consciousness
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Well, if she's managed to preserve her Lord Alister disguise, at least the monks won't be scandalized by the supposition that some brazen hussy has entered Arx Fidei in disguise just so she could throw herself at the Duke of Corwyn!   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on March 29, 2018, 02:51:28 PM
Your wish is my command.  ;D

Thanks, revanne, for letting me borrow Father Columcil for a moment.   :)

You're welcome. I'm  glad  he didn't  miss the fun.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Yay! ArxFidei  at last and sleep, lovely sleep. Loved the picture  of Kelric  with Aliset/Aliset in his arms. Giggles. Whatever else they have to deal with will have to wait for the morrow .
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

I was wondering  if it would  be possible for Kelric  to read Aliset while she was asleep  she had started to roll back her shields. Would they close again or remain  at least partially open? I know Kelson read Caulay  in his sleep in TBH but he wasn't  deryni. Just a thought for future consideration.

Evie

Possible, yes.  Though unless he decided to go ahead and access her mind while he was still holding her (which he might have done, since it was obvious she had already invited him to do so), I can't really imagine him barging into a lady's sleeping chamber to do it now that she's been brought to bed (even if Aliset still looks like a man, Kelric knows otherwise), nor can I imagine that her protective companions would think very highly of him doing so.  Kelric might well decide that whatever she knows can wait until morning, and if he thinks otherwise, well, see Option 1 above.   :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

Thanks for the nod, revanne!  ;)

Quote from: revanne on March 30, 2018, 02:15:29 AM
[Father Columcil] rose as quietly as his aching body would allow and, taking his shoes in one hand and his pack in another, he stepped carefully over Darcy and went to find St Jorian.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

Oh goodness , here we go again! Hope it's not as bad as last time, If Rory really has been able to inspire affection and  loyalty  the rebels might find that they gave much less support. Hope so anyway 

Bynw

Looks like the usurping Drapers are going to be out of Meara by dawn
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com