• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

I really think Alaric would have hated having to see others ride out in his stead. To die heroically in the service of his beloved king whilst protecting his country -and remember Corwyn would have been most vulnerable and Alaric cared deeply for his people even when rhey were tempted to follow Warin in rebellion against him - would have surely been the death he would gave most chosen. And to take four of the Camberian Council with him would have been a great bonus.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

When you wrote about Alaric's funeral cortege it reminded me of the week Princess Diana died and how everything seemed to be covered in a grey cloud. People lined up outside churches to light candles and write in books of condolence. Everything stopped for her funeral, the shops were closed and people lined the streets throwing white flowers under the wheels of the funeral car. As the procession  moved through London the bell of Westminster Abbey tolled every minute and of course there was not a dry eye as the two young princes walked behind the cortege. I can just see the scene in my mind's eye of the people of Gwynedd coming out to pay tribute to the Great Duke. I think that's how he would have become known -so different from the Deryni Duke, with its fearful overtones, of his youth.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Why do I feel so sure there is trouble ahead?
(Psalm 46 v1)

HoundMistress

Do you all mind if I post here, since I'm following the story?  I think you are right. He would have regretted leaving Richenda & the children without him but he would have considered death while defending his own duchy and Gwynedd as a result, would be the absolute best way to die. I think all the people would then have loved him.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

Anyone can post in this thread. We just want to keep the "Ghosts of the Past" thread clear of extra posts.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

I think those who knew him or served him already loved him. I do wish bynw had given him more time with  his family  maybe an extra decade? But if he had to go I agree that is the way he would have chosen. Can  see Wash becoming more like his father, especially  now he is learning to use his healing powers. Have lots of questions  for you to answer. Do Darcy and his brother  reunite? Is soneone going to figure out that Columcil is Dhugal's son and does Dhugal find out? Then there is this whole Valerian  conspiracy. What happens  in Meara? I don't have a good feeling about Sidana's future right now. Great game, lots of things to speculate about
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Is Master Rayne  finally going to be caught! Hope so 
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Nice to see the change in the relationship  between  the  two  brothers. Just think, two formidable  Morgans, Valerian  better look out, Hope they catch Rayne and Wash gets his sword back In fact possession  of that sword might just be the evidence they need against Rayne

revanne

Glad Columcil had the sense to pack his mint leaves.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on March 21, 2018, 10:33:46 AM
Glad Columcil had the sense to pack his mint leaves.

But did he pack his basil and oregano?  He sounds pretty Italian to me!   ;D

Quote"But I am nat'a sure I can'a walk that far myself."
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Phew. Well done Frogzilla and glad those Torenthi dice can be fooled. I was desperately trying to think whether Columcil could touch Kelric's mind being worried when Washburn failed to appear from the stable.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I rolled for Rayne before I finished writing his part, so I knew he had missed when I went to work. So I wasn't worried myself over that. Sorry if I prolonged everyone else finding out. I had thought Wash could focus telekinesis the arrow away anyway, I rolled a 4 and I was thinking he had succeeded. only  trouble was, as I wrote it, I  figure out that he would have to see the arrow to do telekinesis and he had to turn to see the arrow which would brake his focus, Wash and I both learned something- bad plan to have your back turned to your enemy- and then suddenly the telekinesis roll didn't work.  I was only to glad for the failed roll that the arrow didn't hit any of the animals.  I hope I made it fun to read.
Can not wait to see what happens next.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Oh dear.  Another complication is just what we need.   ;)

Lord Jaxom may want to remember his thoughts about the capabilities of a ship's officer if he gets to friendly with Lady Aliset.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Way to go frogzilla. Will Kelric  find out that Lord Buckley is actually a Mearan  sympathizer and what will he do about it? This trip to Rhemuth  seems to go on forever, like an old story I remember where characters  were always traveling but somehow  never reached their destination.

Bynw

Oh no. I hope they get to Rhemuth. An old friend will be waiting there ... and I know where too.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com