• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,567
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69
Google
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 02:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Quote"I owe you the greatest of apologies, my lord. I fear I have not succeeded in doing as you requested of me. I have the heir of Mariot under my protection, but our path to Rhemuth, which should have taken but five days, has been hindered multiple times. It is now seven days and we have but traveled two-thirds of the distance. I am sorry that I have failed you."

Wow, has it only been seven days?  It feels like months!   ;)  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Ooch, to knees landing on rocks.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Brilliant stories both.

Laurna you made me cry, you got inside Kelric's head so beautifully. And thank you for giving Alaric such a hero's death - seeing that Bynw had decreed his passing.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Yes Laurna's story of the passing of Alaric was brilliant. A good flushing out of that back story. We already knew that he had passed saving the Kingdom. We knew he died in battle. We knew he died fighting during a magical duel. Great backstory
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Thank you Bynw, revanne, Evie, Jerusha and DR. As I told my fellow writers when I first finished writing this sequence and shared it with them, I said that "My greatest misgiving, is that I am the one to write about the Death of Alaric Morgan. Never in the full 37 years that I have loved and cherished Alaric Morgan, did I ever think I would be writing about his death." I was very upset about doing so.  I wanted to make sure it was readable and unblemished so I enlisted Evie, Revanne, and Jerusha to give me all their input and editing skills before it was posted. Thank you ladies, your wonderful and an inspiration.

Laurna

Quotetwa seezes ta big not his bonnet

Now that I got it, this second go around. I am still laughing. I like Father Columcil. LOL

revanne

I thought I'd better insert a translation.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on March 16, 2018, 05:36:41 PM
Thank you Bynw, revanne, Evie, Jerusha and DR. As I told my fellow writers when I first finished writing this sequence and shared it with them, I said that "My greatest misgiving, is that I am the one to write about the Death of Alaric Morgan. Never in the full 37 years that I have loved and cherished Alaric Morgan, did I ever think I would be writing about his death." I was very upset about doing so.  I wanted to make sure it was readable and unblemished so I enlisted Evie, Revanne, and Jerusha to give me all their input and editing skills before it was posted. Thank you ladies, your wonderful and an inspiration.

Having the chance to see it in advance was an honour, Laurna.  I got to enjoy it twice!   :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

Quote from: revanne on March 16, 2018, 05:58:37 PM
I thought I'd better insert a translation.

It's nice to have Father Columcil keep us grounded.  Especially when we understand what he said.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on March 16, 2018, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: Laurna on March 16, 2018, 05:36:41 PM

Having the chance to see it in advance was an honour, Laurna.  I got to enjoy it twice!   :D

Absolutely an honour Laurna. Thank you for sharing this with us all.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Oh, poor Aliset, I do hope the king and queen will be ever so thoughtful of her future.

Good game/story day. and not one roll of the dice made. Nice.

DerynifanK

Laurna that was a very sad and moving story and beautifully done. I still don't understand why bynw wanted to kill Alaric. The game was supposed to be fun and exciting, not make us upset and sad. This really made me cry. I hope KK will write a sequel to KKB and tell us what really happened to our favorite characters and to Gwynedd
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

KK has killed off some very good characters herself.

Rhys, Javan, Camber (when he truly died), Evaine, and I'm sure there are many others as well.

The main reason is to focus the game storyline on the player characters so they are not overshadowed by any non player character such as Alaric Morgan, who would have the freedom to ride out and assist just as his heir is doing now. Kelson and Duncan can't really ride out at anytime as they have other duties that prevents them so they don't overshadow the main characters. I actually considered putting it further into the future where Kelson's son would be King so many of the old guard would be dead by age at least. But I didn't want to detail out that much information.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

Thanks for the explanation. I see what you are saying. Just wish he could have been a senior advisor, maybe not really able to readily ride out anymore. But he probably wouldn't have liked that much.
Also, poor Aliset. I hope Kelson will consider all she has gone through when he decides her future. He has always been a kind and caring monarch and I'm sure he will.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK