• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on March 12, 2018, 11:37:01 AM
Quote from: Jerusha on March 12, 2018, 11:21:50 AM
Oops.  I just realized Darcy should have only rolled one dice, since he is untrained in his powers.  I'll let the story stay as written.  Maybe we can let Darcy keep the extra dice this time, just for trying.   :)

Well, given all that's going on around him he's getting a lot of on-the-job training.

First time luck, I say.  and a lot of on-the-job training.  LOL.

Quote from: RevanneHe does not believe however that he should be counted worthy to receive additional  hero points as his latest attempt to show initiative  resulted in such unheroic calamity.

Revanne, I like your show of initiative, heroic indeed.  Please award Columcil the two Hero points. They were earned from rolling dice and not for heroic actions. Besides, Washburn need's you to keep making Heroic Heals, given all the trouble he seems to get into.   ;)
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on March 12, 2018, 12:11:17 PM
Quote from: revanne on March 12, 2018, 11:37:01 AM
Quote from: Jerusha on March 12, 2018, 11:21:50 AM
Oops.  I just realized Darcy should have only rolled one dice, since he is untrained in his powers.  I'll let the story stay as written.  Maybe we can let Darcy keep the extra dice this time, just for trying.   :)

Well, given all that's going on around him he's getting a lot of on-the-job training.

First time luck, I say.  and a lot of on-the-job training.  LOL.

Quote from: RevanneHe does not believe however that he should be counted worthy to receive additional  hero points as his latest attempt to show initiative  resulted in such unheroic calamity.

Revanne, I like your show of initiative, heroic indeed.  Please award Columcil the two Hero points. They were earned from rolling dice and not for heroic actions. Besides, Washburn need's you to keep making Heroic Heals, given all the trouble he seems to get into.   ;)

In that case... received with grateful thanks.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Whether Columcil is right in his somewhat uncharitable opinion of Lord Jaxom as "gormless" is open to question. After all the poor man is not privy to several vital bits of information regarding the plot of the story he has got himself entangled in.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Columcil said:

Quote"Actually it's Lady Aliset I need, my Lady, or at least her skills." He added the latter quickly as the male face confronting his looked askance. "We're out of the wilderness now, and belike to meet with his Grace of Corwyn. I'd no like him to think us a pack o'beggars. D'ye no have some spell that can tidy us up a bit?"

LOL!  Let's hope Aliset doesn't roll snake eyes for this, or you'll all be meeting His Grace in your tattered braies!   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

You had me laughing at a "few sandwiches short of a picnic".  LOL  Since Lord Jaxom has not been given much of a chance to be anything but wanting to maintain control of "everything" and finding himself not in control with all these happenings, then I can see the poor fellow being called "gormless". lol

Quote from: Revanne"... I'd no like him to think us a pack o'beggars. D'ye no have some spell that can tidy us up a bit?"

I was transcended to an image in "Cinderella", the Disney animation version, where one of the flying fairy god mothers comes in and taps her wand on each of our heads while singing a silly song. "Whippety, whoppity do!"
Your dress for the ball.

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on March 12, 2018, 01:10:59 PM
Columcil said:

Quote"Actually it's Lady Aliset I need, my Lady, or at least her skills." He added the latter quickly as the male face confronting his looked askance. "We're out of the wilderness now, and belike to meet with his Grace of Corwyn. I'd no like him to think us a pack o'beggars. D'ye no have some spell that can tidy us up a bit?"

LOL!  Let's hope Aliset doesn't roll snake eyes for this, or you'll all be meeting His Grace in your tattered braies!   ;D

Now I am reminded of the water bath the young Washburn Cynfyn of 150 years ago tried to do to clean up his muddy dog while in the family solar, causing a torrential rain storm to occur within the room.  Or the time one of the CC members tried it in his rooms to devastating effects. lol.

Evie

I just rolled for this, but it has occurred to me to ask, do you think that Aliset casting an illusion of clean, untattered clothing would require a dice roll or not?  I know if I am doing a spell that affects another character, that requires a dice roll, but since this merely casts an illusion affecting perception of their clothing, that's less obvious to me.  Then again, since it does affect others' perceptions, maybe it does require a dice roll after all, unlike something else like conjuring handfire, which is a more basic skill.  Or maybe I'm overthinking this.  What do y'all think?  I have a small scene started based on my dice roll, but I'll wait to see what others think before I post it.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on March 12, 2018, 01:22:06 PM
I just rolled for this, but it has occurred to me to ask, do you think that Aliset casting an illusion of clean, untattered clothing would require a dice roll or not?  I know if I am doing a spell that affects another character, that requires a dice roll, but since this merely casts an illusion affecting perception of their clothing, that's less obvious to me.  Then again, since it does affect others' perceptions, maybe it does require a dice roll after all, unlike something else like conjuring handfire, which is a more basic skill.  Or maybe I'm overthinking this.  What do y'all think?  I have a small scene started based on my dice roll, but I'll wait to see what others think before I post it.

I think going to the church's well and cleaning up is the first order of business, possibly even changing cloths if we have any left in our bags that are unsoiled. Doubt that. After which if we still look like beggars- Most likely- Aliset can cast an illusion of clean un-torn cloths. That will require a roll for each person. But be prepared for his gromless Lord Jaxom to be "unamussed"  LOL

revanne

Did Aliset roll to change Shadow's appearance?
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Laurna

Actually, I think Kelric will take us more seriously if we are a rag tag lot.   Otherwise he will be like, "Why the heck did you scare the dowager duchess and make her worry so much. I will not forgive you for that, as it appears to have been needless worry."

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on March 12, 2018, 01:27:33 PM
Quote from: revanne on March 12, 2018, 01:26:43 PM
Did Aliset roll to change Shadow's appearance?
Yes she did.

That's right, I had forgot that.  OK, will go ahead and post what I've written.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Do you think the Duke of Corwyn might be able to see through the illusion or at least notice it is there?

His Grace may not look so dapper himself after quick-marching across the countryside.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on March 12, 2018, 01:32:04 PM
Do you think the Duke of Corwyn might be able to see through the illusion or at least notice it is there?

His Grace may not look so dapper himself after quick-marching across the countryside.

Yeah, I think we're more likely to find ourselves in the company of not just one, but two hot and sweaty Morgans.

* Evie briefly contemplates that image and sighs wistfully for a cold shower....   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Quote from: Jerusha on March 12, 2018, 01:32:04 PM

That, and just maybe His Grace has other things to occupy his mind than how anyone's clothes look!  :P
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)