• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 150
Total: 151
JudithR
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on March 11, 2018, 08:28:00 AM
Quote from: DerynifanK on March 11, 2018, 07:34:35 AM
So true. Having 2 saints helping you is better than one. But shouldn't  they finally be meeting up with Kelric? After all if Rayne could see them they must be close .
Assuming that Kelric has not been set upon by trolls or killer coneys 😉

Please, if you don't write that, it won't happen. Of course, now that it is mentioned, anything can happen.  ;)
Just teasing. 8)
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Darn, now I really want to know what was in that tin. Will anyone ever get to investgate?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on March 11, 2018, 04:03:04 PM
Darn, now I really want to know what was in that tin. Will anyone ever get to investgate?

No worries. With our luck, it's probably landed on Duke Kelric' s unhelmeted head, thus eliminating our best chance at rescue!  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

So who's going to roll for that?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on March 11, 2018, 04:07:32 PM
So who's going to roll for that?

*sound of crickets as no one volunteers....
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

The tin was Rayne's and held the Deryni pricker.  Best left unfound.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on March 11, 2018, 06:04:30 PM
The tin was Rayne's and held the Deryni pricker.  Best left unfound.

YAY! clap clap clap! We may not have captured Rayne, but we have disarmed him from his toys. He will have to go back to Baron Oswald and grovel for mercy.
Good job, Darcy.

DerynifanK

Yay. Glad he has lost his pricker. Hope no one else finds it. Also hope he has finally run out of toys.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

It took me a while to find this post. Bywn made this comment back in the OOC thread on page 26 back on January 15,2018

Quote from: Bynw on January 15, 2018, 09:06:24 PM
Due to the nature of this being a play-by-post game. I'm adding a nifty feature.

Anytime you roll all 6's for a Test for your character you get a Hero Point.
So on a Disadvantage Test, that's just one 6 needed since you only have one die.
On a Standard Test, then you need two 6's to get the hero point.
And on an Advantage Test, all 3 of them need to be 6's.

I've reviewed the posts for the game and it hasn't happened very often yet. But it has happened twice so far ...  PMs coming with your point totals.

Bynw, Evie and I were in chat on Saturday. This subject came up about when this type of hero point would be rewarded.  Bynw admitted he had not been able to keep up with this as he has not been feeling well. So, he stated that each of us can keep track of our own hero points  that are rewarded from rolling all 6's. However, he would continue be in charge for awarding hero points for heroic actions and deeds

So everyone can check their own posts from January 15 on ward to see if they rolled all '6's'. Make sure that Bynw didn't reward you for it, than if not go ahead and reward your character.

I did a brief survey through the story  from post # 202 onward and I came up with these all '6" rolls.

Washburn post #257, #284, #290, and #308.  I think I was awarded the point for 257 already, So may I add 3 hero points to Washburn.

Columcil I found a '6,6' roll on  post #289( that is so rare I think it should be worth 2 points,  ;D)  and a '6' on post #303. So Columcil should award himself 2 hero points if he hasn't already.

For Darcy I found a 6,6 roll in the OOC thread under post #454 on January 18 (three days after Bynw declared the award type for dice rolling), Jerusha was rolling for Darcy to haggle with the vendor for better dagger prices. I say this counts, I didn't check to see if it got posted in the GotP story thread. But I say give Darcy a hero point for that if he already didn't get it awarded.

Aliset, my perusal may have missed an all 6's roll. But it would be harder for her as she is nearly always rolling two or three dice. So look to see if you have any.

Now I did find one other 1d6 roll with results of a 6 made by Dhugal in post 204 on February 2,18. Does he get a hero point? He might need it in the preordained Sea Battle.

Hope this helps.

revanne

Columcil thanks Lady Laurna for her meticulous work; he is convinced that her ability to  keep track of such things is a form of magic.

He does not believe however that he should be counted worthy to receive additional  hero points as his latest attempt to show initiative  resulted in such unheroic calamity.

He is already stressed by the thought of the Duke of Corwyn's approach and what will mean for the relationships within the group.  He is not sure at the moment  whether he wants to fling himself at his companions' feet in penitence or cry on their shoulders or possibly both. But he will be damned before he does either in front of Lord Jaxom.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Thanks for figuring all of that out, Laurna.  I agree, you have a magical gift for research.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Quote from: Jerusha on March 12, 2018, 05:55:01 AM
Thanks for figuring all of that out, Laurna.  I agree, you have a magical gift for research.   :)

She does, doesn't she?  I imagine an English or history professor (or a professor of any other subject that tends to require a lot of research; law school if you want to count graduate studies?) would just adore having Laurna for a student!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Unfortunately, Master Darcy's double six was a test roll; I did another roll in the actual story to bring down the price of the dagger.   So I won't add another hero point.  Sigh....

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

Oops.  I just realized Darcy should have only rolled one dice, since he is untrained in his powers.  I'll let the story stay as written.  Maybe we can let Darcy keep the extra dice this time, just for trying.   :)

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on March 12, 2018, 11:21:50 AM
Oops.  I just realized Darcy should have only rolled one dice, since he is untrained in his powers.  I'll let the story stay as written.  Maybe we can let Darcy keep the extra dice this time, just for trying.   :)

Well, given all that's going on around him he's getting a lot of on-the-job training.
(Psalm 46 v1)