• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 201
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 195
Total: 196
Shiral
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundMistress

Drat! I think I accidentally posted my encouragement to the game instead of here. Can someone please remove it? I was just telling you all what an AWESOME job you are doing on the game!!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

Love the Wash now can heal and knows it. With a little help from Camber, he has awakened his healing powers. The world can always use another healer. Hope they catch that nasty hunter 
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Quote from: judywward on March 02, 2018, 06:08:55 PM
Drat! I think I accidentally posted my encouragement to the game instead of here. Can someone please remove it? I was just telling you all what an AWESOME job you are doing on the game!!

Evie went in and added double parentheses, which is how the players note that they're speaking out-of-character and how Bynw does any GM things he needs to do that aren't per se story-based.  No harm done.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Despite Evie's very clear instructions I have not managed to work out how to post a picture but the following link might be of interest http://www.st-melangell.org.uk/English/Church/stmelangellchurch.htm. Melangell is a real Saint, though from Powys not Cassan, and her Church still exists in a remote Welsh valley. Her shrine has been rebuilt within the last 30 years and it is a place of pilgimage and healing. Her name is pronounced Melangeth (with the th something like the ch at the end of loch).
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on March 03, 2018, 02:11:59 PM
Despite Evie's very clear instructions I have not managed to work out how to post a picture but the following link might be of interest http://www.st-melangell.org.uk/English/Church/stmelangellchurch.htm. Melangell is a real Saint, though from Powys not Cassan, and her Church still exists in a remote Welsh valley. Her shrine has been rebuilt within the last 30 years and it is a place of pilgimage and healing. Her name is pronounced Melangeth (with the th something like the ch at the end of loch).

Beautiful place. Thank you, Revanne. I didn't realize St. Melangell was a woman and it stands in perfection that she is for the protection of hares and for healing. Another wonderful place to add to my list of places to visit in the British Islands. I will have to stay for a whole summer.

QuoteHorses? thought Aliset. What about the injured MAN lying there!  MEN!!!  Heavens above, she would never understand the lot of them!  This was why God created women--not as an afterthought, but because He'd realized the world needed more sensible creatures than this flighty lot to serve as stewards of His creation!

I was rereading the last few additions and this quote once again gave me a good giggle. Evie, your words fit perfectly with the ideals of St. Melangell. ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Mod hat on

Chances are fair to good that this has been simple mistakes, but can we please be a bit more careful about where we post off-topic discussions that are related to the game?   The game thread should be mostly game posts; the off-topic-but-game-adjacent posts go here, in the Out Of Character thread.

Thanks!

Mod hat off

Have fun!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Demercia

Thanks for the reminder, I will look more closely next time.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

revanne

Thanks DR😊. Just get carried away sometimes
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on March 03, 2018, 03:55:10 PM

I actually purposely posted the link and the pics in the game thread, because anyone reading this at a later time would never have know to reference the info from St. Mellagell in the OOC thread. I thought the info there was relevant to learning more about our good priest, Father Columcil. So that is why I did it.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on March 03, 2018, 04:43:48 PM
Quote from: revanne on March 03, 2018, 03:55:10 PM

I actually purposely posted the link and the pics in the game thread, because anyone reading this at a later time would never have know to reference the info from St. Mellagell in the OOC thread. I thought the info there was relevant to learning more about our good priest, Father Columcil. So that is why I did it.

That makes sense, but generally speaking, the game thread is for game posts; everything else goes here.  :D

revanne

Bynw this is your shout but would it be possible to have a new thread for characters? I can't always keep a track of who is who and having to trawl back through lots of pages is not always feasible.

Also it occurs to me that if we get to Rhemuth then there are a few character decisions to be made. Did Albin become Duke of Carthmoor? Who is King's champion?  What is the Title of the Gwyneddian Crown Prince and how is Javan coping with being in his father's shadow for so long? Who  is Liam's heir and does he share his father's desire for close ties to Gwynedd or does he feel his father has betrayed his heritage?

Just a few thoughts for starters :)
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on March 04, 2018, 07:04:14 AM
Bynw this is your shout but would it be possible to have a new thread for characters? I can't always keep a track of who is who and having to trawl back through lots of pages is not always feasible.

Here's the characters thread.  http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,2121.0.html

It's closed to replies because there aren't any openings right now for new characters, but you can still view the thread.

Hope that helps! :D

DerynifanK

I think Kelric would have become King's Champion when his father was no longer able to do it for whatever reason. I'm   trying to work on a story  about Eirian and Liam  and the evolution  of ties between Gwynedd  and Torenth. I'M new at this so it's going Very slowly. Not as talented as the rest  of you but trying
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Quote from: DesertRose on March 04, 2018, 07:40:31 AM
Quote from: revanne on March 04, 2018, 07:04:14 AM

Here's the characters thread.  http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,2121.0.html

It's closed to replies because there aren't any openings right now for new characters, but you can still view the thread.

Hope that helps! :D

I suspect revanne meant one for keeping up with NPCs though. I have trouble keeping up with who Rayne/Phyre/Feyd are myself and what each is doing, who is still in play and who is out of action,  etc., so I think an NPC thread is a good idea. It can be separate from the main characters thread, since that has been closed already.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

I did mean NPCs I just couldn't remember the abbreviation
(Psalm 46 v1)