• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:54:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on February 19, 2018, 02:56:14 AM
Thank you for all the names. I had originally thought of naming the boy Brion, however, I really like all your suggestions of Kenneth. So how about Kenneth Brion Anthony Haldane. I was thinking Javan's first son could be Rhys-Alaric Kelson Haldane. I do not know if the first son will make it into the story, but I will put his name out there just in case.

As for the lapse of Wash not including Darcy, I want to believe it was entirely unintentional. Wash knows his rank alone puts him in a leadership roll. Rather, his Father's reputation does this, even more so than his personal rank. However, that only goes so far. Everyone will compare him: Is he his father's son or is he just a rich boy living on other's deeds.  Since he would never be a man who rules with cruelty and fear, Wash knows he has to earn other's respect and their loyalty in order to be an effective leader. He definitely respects each person in our group; he appreciates the intellect and skills that each of them adds to the group's success. It is not them or their skills that he is currently concerned about. Rather instead, he personally feels that he has failed those who are relying on him. The job of a knight and a nobleman is to protect. Up to this moment, he has failed in his roll as protector. Lord Trillek becomes an added level of protection to resolving the current crisis.

Let me see if I can work with Wash to get him to acknowledged his companions without losing their respect.

I'm sure you and Sir Washburn will work something out.  And remember, Darcy is a practical young man more inclined to think things through than follow his emotions. He's learned this skill the hard way at sea, working his way up from the bottommost rung you can start at.   But he also now knows he is the second son of a baron.  This fact he will keep tucked away until they safely return to Rhemuth.  It is an complication he doesn't need right now.  He's not quite sure how to deal with it.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Dear Lord Jaxom, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.  And, um, did you not SEE remnants of what used to be a gong farmer blasted to Kingdom Come?  And that doesn't make you a little paranoid?!   ;D 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DerynifanK

I think Darcy  has the right idea I would be worried about traps ahead. The bad guys always  seem to turn up when you wish they woukdn't. I hope Wash can let Kelric know which way they are taking so he can find them quickly if a rescue is needed,
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on February 20, 2018, 03:43:36 PM
Dear Lord Jaxom, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.  And, um, did you not SEE remnants of what used to be a gong farmer blasted to Kingdom Come?  And that doesn't make you a little paranoid?!   ;D 

Quote from: DerynifanK on February 20, 2018, 08:05:06 PM
I think Darcy  has the right idea I would be worried about traps ahead. The bad guys always  seem to turn up when you wish they woukdn't. I hope Wash can let Kelric know which way they are taking so he can find them quickly if a rescue is needed,

Indeed, and Darcy seems to have a good healthy sense of caution and what looks to me to be a better-than-fair head for tactics.  Fortunately it seems that Sir Wash recognizes those traits.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

I like this game and all of the players are great but one thing still interferes with my enjoyment, no Alaric. Especially  when I am reading about his children  and grandchildren. Just seems that if anyone  deserved  a chance to see his grandchildren and be a part of their lives, it was Alaric and I wish he were still with them
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

DerynifanK, I can not disagree with you. It hurts not to have Alaric in the game. It is an unfortunate fact of life that not all things are bliss. What matters is that you do the best with what you have. Even in this game, we are all doing our best with what we are given... and with what we Roll. I  hope it is still worth while in the time it takes to read.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

I agree that Alaric deserved that but then so did Jared, and Bronwen and Kevin deserved the happiness they had waited for.  And I wonder if Alaric had had the choice would he not have chosen to die in defence of his beloved king?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

There are quite a lot of canon characters who deserved better than they got.  In roughly but not perfectly chronological order, Cathan, Queen Megan, Rhys, Dom Emrys and a whole lot of unnamed Gabrilites, King Alroy, King Javan, Davin, King Rhys Michael, Queen Michaela, Simonn, Ahern, Marie, Zoe, Alyce, Se, Brion, Bronwyn and Kevin, Jorian, Denis Arilan, Maryse, Sidana (Caitrin's daughter, not the one in the game). . .
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

All of you are doing a great job with thevgamr. You are very  imaginative and talented writers 

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on February 22, 2018, 08:43:15 PM
All of you are doing a great job with thevgamr. You are very  imaginative and talented writers
Thank you. In my case at least it's more a case of being harassed by my charactet. Good fun though.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: DerynifanK on February 22, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
Have to agree with Darcy. This is scary, hope they make it ok.

I really hope they make it too!.

I can't tell you how glad I am to see Droghera behind us. Back in post 141 we entered the gates. That was on January 9. It has taken them six days and  us six weeks to move closer to Rhemuth. I am with Darcy on the watch for upcoming traps, pitfalls and delays.

The difference between this and novel writing, is that in Novel writing the author controls(at least up to a point) what comes ahead, this game is completely instantaneous and non of us really know what comes next.

Scary? Agreed!

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on February 22, 2018, 10:18:11 PM
All of you are doing a great job with the game. You are very  imaginative and talented writers
Thank you. In my case at least it's more a case of being harassed by my character. Good fun though.

LOL agreed!
Character nagging seems to be an epidemic. Don't take this the wrong way. I have found that writing epiphanies seem most insistant after a hot shower

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on February 22, 2018, 11:15:15 PM
Quote from: revanne on February 22, 2018, 10:18:11 PM
All of you are doing a great job with the game. You are very  imaginative and talented writers
Thank you. In my case at least it's more a case of being harassed by my character. Good fun though.

LOL agreed!
Character nagging seems to be an epidemic. Don't take this the wrong way. I have found that writing epiphanies seem most insistant after a hot shower

Given the weather in revanne's part of the world right now, I imagine she wouldn't turn up her nose at the prospect of a nice warm shower or bath!

revanne

By the middle of next week it is forecast to be 32F daytime and 21 nighttime with snow showers. What happened to Spring?
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Laurna that is a beautiful picture -typical of British uplands. How did you include it in your post?
(Psalm 46 v1)