• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Evie, I love the garderobe and it's construction . Very creative, wish I had dreams like that.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

The Captain said something low under his breath about glorified young lordlings,

Yep definitely have earned that reputation. lol

We may all live yet!  Thank you Columcil/Revanne.

I love that the dice work, when you really/ really/ really need them too. But it has to be 3 "reallys" or forget it. :P
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Having worked my way through OOC to page 29 to look up the healing rules again, I have a question now that Darcy has been healed (thank you Father Columcil!).

Does Darcy have to role a 1d6 dice to see how many hit points are restored by the healing?  After hits from two crossbow bolts (ouch, that did ever hurt) he is down two hit points.  Or does Columcil make the role since he is the healer?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on February 13, 2018, 03:00:00 PM
Having worked my way through OOC to page 29 to look up the healing rules again, I have a question now that Darcy has been healed (thank you Father Columcil!).

Does Darcy have to role a 1d6 dice to see how many hit points are restored by the healing?  After hits from two crossbow bolts (ouch, that did ever hurt) he is down two hit points.  Or does Columcil make the role since he is the healer?

Having just re-read page 29 (at least I didn't have to scroll all the way down, thank you) I'm confused too.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Since it's Shrove Tuesday,  Father Columcil's player might be busy tonight, but I don't see any problem with you rolling for that for the sake of expediency.  I don't recall the rules specifying it had to be a specific player rolling, though I haven't read that post in awhile.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

On second thought, there's Columcil's driver now!   :)

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Quote from: Evie on February 13, 2018, 03:10:32 PM
Since it's Shrove Tuesday,  Father Columcil's player might be busy tonight, but I don't see any problem with you rolling for that for the sake of expediency.  I don't recall the rules specifying it had to be a specific player rolling, though I haven't read that post in awhile.

It's tomorrow I might be afk - though depending on what Bynw throws at us indulging in this story line might be regarded as suitably penitential for Ash Wednesday.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on February 13, 2018, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: Jerusha on February 13, 2018, 03:00:00 PM

Having just re-read page 29 (at least I didn't have to scroll all the way down, thank you) I'm confused too.

The HEALER rolls 1d6 to determine the number of Hit Points healed on a successful healing roll.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

My last post modified to show results of my roll for ease of reference. Washburn was healed 2 hitpoints, Darcy 3. I only did the one roll so only one verification code.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Darcy nods toward Father Columcil.  "Thank you good Father, I feel much better now.  But would you mind dowsing for ale?"
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I do have some questions. Did Duncan tell Kelson what was going on? We left him on his way to talk to Kelson  but  no followup. What is Dhugal doing all this time? I'M curious about what the canonical characters are doing . They kind of appeared  then we didn'T hear anymore about them. All of you have great imaginations  and write great scenes. I'M just curious.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

I'm sure Duncan has had ample time to report to Kelson by now. Unfortunately, we may or may not see that happening on screen simply because scene writing has to be squeezed in between lots of real time stuff. Sometimes if I have a few minutes to add a scene, but it's not at a moment when Aliset would be able to do something, I switch my attention to those other scenes instead just so I can take advantage of having that free moment, but as my workload begins to pick up again this time of year, that might happen less often, and of course Aliset is my player character, so her scenes take precedence over the book characters if I only have time to write for one plotline or the other. The book character scenes are mainly there to add some background context for what's going on behind the scenes that affects our game heroes, whether they are aware of it or not.  (If we know the takeover of Carr Mariot isn't an isolated incident but part of much larger machinations in the works, that raises the stakes for our game characters because now it's not just one small manor at stake, it's potentially the kingdom.  Wil they succeed in getting everything they know to Kelson in time? And will Kelson find out what's happened in time to send help before our game heroes are captured or killed? And in the meantime, what other coups are the separatists succeeding in?)  In a reversal of what you'd find in KK's books, though, the game characters are the heroes of this story, and Kelson, Duncan, etc. are simply the NPCs with small walk -on parts to play.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on February 13, 2018, 08:46:21 PM
I do have some questions. Did Duncan tell Kelson what was going on? We left him on his way to talk to Kelson  but  no followup. What is Dhugal doing all this time? I'M curious about what the canonical characters are doing . They kind of appeared  then we didn'T hear anymore about them. All of you have great imaginations  and write great scenes. I'M just curious.

Don't forget that we are not writing in real time but just as and when we can so although it seems as though our characters have been in Droghera for ever it's actually only been a few days. And we wouldn't want to be rescued too quickly, would we? ::)
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Thanks for the new scenes, The level of imagination  is amazing and you are truly a group of talented writers,  The game keeps getting  more exciting all the time