• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Fantastic tale of the Troll, Jerusha. Wonderfully told. I want to hear it again.  LOL.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Thank you, Laurna, but the inspiration was from you and revanne.

*Raises a mug of ale in toast to the tale*  :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I am glad to read that Ailidh did not Portal back to her home, only to find it already in the midst of a takeover. I was afraid for her, and was trying to set up Dhugal if he needed to come to her rescue. Didn't I read somewhere that Valerian had said they had already infiltrated Trurill. I am still a little worried for the Baroness's well being. At least until Jass gets home. I figured they(Dhugal and Mirjana) would check the portal energies after they discover no horse had gone missing. Perhaps instead they will find that wind blown letter from Ailidh on the floor somewhere.

And I love Darcy's diversion. A little jealousy there? I can understand Darcy's protective nature. And I can assure you that Washburn is noticing it too. He even mentioned it in an aside to Aliset already. Although, he would not say it where Darcy might hear. Not yet anyway.  ;)

Evie

I LOL'ed at Darcy's "diversion"!   ;D  And yes, I do believe there's a bit of jealousy there.  ;)

I think when I wrote that earlier bit, I had Valerian's agents in place in readiness for an attack on Trurill (i.e., they were planning some sort of an inside job to lower its defenses and take it over while the lord and lady were away), but I don't think I wrote that they had actually taken over the place yet. But thanks for reminding me; I'll go back and reread what I posted earlier to make sure there isn't a conflict.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

FYI.... I have modified the Trait List. The Forum post version is not yet updated, I will be updating that tonight when I get home.

However I have the new one attached.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

Apologies for Columcil's absence. He is too busy sitting in front of a log fire in the Forest of Dean for a few days holiday - and looking for the Sword of Gryffindor from time to time. Ooops wrong universe!
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

OK, I reread what I wrote earlier about Brioc's and Valerian's plans for Trurill.  They do have some men loyal to them who have already managed to infiltrate the ranks there, but they were planning the actual takeover "within the week." Doubtless they have already been laying the necessary groundwork. With Ailidh's unexpected return, of course, the separatists in place there will need to move their plans up from "Soon" to "Immediately" if they want to have any hope of taking over the keep before Jass can get there. Fortunately Ailidh has a loyal O Ruane retainer at her side....  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on February 07, 2018, 02:47:11 PM
FYI.... I have modified the Trait List. The Forum post version is not yet updated, I will be updating that tonight when I get home.

So defending yourself by casting a ball of kinetic energy now falls under Telekinesis?  OK, I can see that.  But if someone who doesn't have that trait were to want to attempt it anyway (for instance, if Aliset gets caught off guard without her daggers at hand), we can still try it at a disadvantage as long as we have the Power trait, yes?  Just double-checking.

--WARNING!!!--

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on February 07, 2018, 03:03:08 PM
Quote from: Bynw on February 07, 2018, 02:47:11 PM

So defending yourself by casting a ball of kinetic energy now falls under Telekinesis?  OK, I can see that.  But if someone who doesn't have that trait were to want to attempt it anyway (for instance, if Aliset gets caught off guard without her daggers at hand), we can still try it at a disadvantage as long as we have the Power trait, yes?  Just double-checking.

Sure sounds good.

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on February 07, 2018, 02:40:01 PM
I am glad to read that Ailidh did not Portal back to her home, only to find it already in the midst of a takeover. I was afraid for her, and was trying to set up Dhugal if he needed to come to her rescue. Didn't I read somewhere that Valerian had said they had already infiltrated Trurill. I am still a little worried for the Baroness's well being. At least until Jass gets home. I figured they would check the portal energies when they discover no horse had gone missing. Perhaps instead they will find that wind blown letter form her on on the floor somewhere.

And I love Darcy's diversion. A little jealousy there? I can understand Darcy's protective nature. And I can assure you that Washburn is noticing it too. He even mentioned it in an aside to Aliset already. Although, he would not say it where Darcy might hear. Not yet anyway.  ;)

Well, Darcy was in charge of Alister's safety until Sir Washburn arrived and kind of took over.  Then Alister turned into a very lovely "she" to complicate matters.  They are two robust young men!  As Darcy reflects, some changes in his life are easier to bear than others.  I would not want any rivalry to become a major issue in the story, though.  They have enough to contend with already.  (Remembers the threat of merasha soaked crossbow bolts.)  *shivers*
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Speaking of threats to our lives, or at least our mental well-being, are we ready to move on to the following morning yet?  (I figure Aliset's next scene would logically be her changing the horses' appearance--assuming the dice are kind--in preparation for riding out with Columcil.  And that I will probably end up being the one writing that scene, if Columcil is off looking for misplaced magical artifacts in the Forest of Dean.   ;D )

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Perhaps we should all go to the Forest of dean and hunt artifacts. It would be a lot safer than leaving Droghera. LOL
Columcil and Darcy need to work out for good who is going with Aliset, they leave just at predawn, and who is staying (according to what the town folk think) but really going with Washburn.

I have half the scene written with Washburn leaving in secret around midnight with one companion. He feels it safest that that companion should NOT be Aliset. In truth, Wash could leave alone and let all three leave in the morning, but that might look irregular to anyone watching. So today is just the set up for tomarrow's leaving town. I will post Washburn's part after work tonight.

I hope the Trurill coup gets delayed indefinitely. :D

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna link=topic=2092.msg18539#msg18539

Long live the Queen and a free Meara

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on February 07, 2018, 03:56:50 PM
Perhaps we should all go to the Forest of dean and hunt artifacts. It would be a lot safer than leaving Droghera. LOL
Columcil and Darcy need to work out for good who is going with Aliset, they leave just at predawn, and who is staying (according to what the town folk think) but really going with Washburn.

I have half the scene written with Washburn leaving in secret around midnight with one companion. He feels it safest that that companion should NOT be Aliset. In truth, Wash could leave alone and let all three leave in the morning, but that might look irregular to anyone watching. So today is just the set up for tomarrow's leaving town. I will post Washburn's part after work tonight.

Am I correct Washburn (and I think it will be Darcy at this point) will be leaving via the tunnel beneath the city walls?

-- Old English Litany