• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

I totally agree!

Though someday, we should write a story with a heroine that is a little bit beyond her "best by" date.  Just a thought.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

You can still find the stories at www.airsid.net/B/Kelson.him   
"The Apple Tree" Kelson's daughter Evaine and Alaric's son Kelric in love.
"Queen of Meara" "Mairona" Mearan queen and Kelson, by Martine Lynch.
Also love that room Evie!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on January 19, 2018, 04:24:41 PM
I totally agree!

Though someday, we should write a story with a heroine that is a little bit beyond her "best by" date.  Just a thought.   ;)

LOL! Well, I could have had the Pretender Queen be a generation older, but then coming up with plausible reasons why she'd be available for Valerian to marry would be more difficult. Unless, of course, she was a widow, either before or after meeting Valerian....   ;D  Plus I figured our separatists would make the mistake of assuming "young and innocent" means "malleable and easily groomed to play her part to our liking."
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on January 19, 2018, 04:29:24 PM
You can still find the stories at www.airsid.net/B/Kelson.him   
"The Apple Tree" Kelson's daughter Evaine and Alaric's son Kelric in love.
"Queen of Meara" "Mairona" Mearan queen and Kelson, by Martine Lynch.
Also love that room Evie!

I'm getting a "404 Not Found" error on that link, DerynifanK.   :'(

The room is from the Tower of London, I discovered after I posted that picture.

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on January 19, 2018, 03:15:30 PM
I've been wondering about that poor little pretender Queen caught up in all this Mearan sympathizer plotting, but couldn't come up with another scene for her because I couldn't visualize her properly. But I think maybe I've found her now.

I think she has the right combination of youthful beauty and innocence (at least compared to our truly evil "baddies" like Valerian and Oswald), yet a somewhat spoiled and indulged look as well. As a presumed princess and now would-be Queen, she is used to getting what she wants to some extent (although probably still kept firmly under the control of others she trusts to be wise advisors), yet as a pawn in a much larger game, she looks young enough to be very naive and vulnerable. And yet I can also see her being ruthless if it aids a cause she truly believes in. And I suspect she has an independent streak that is not completely tamed and suppressed, so if she ever wakes up to how she is being used, or if she ever comes to realize that having Valerian as an ally is potentially even worse than having Kelson as an enemy, I can see her summoning up the courage to fight back.

Is that the same actress who played Elizabeth Woodville, Queen of King Edward IV, in "The White Queen?"  Sure looks like her.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

I believe so. I haven't seen that movie (or series?), but I think that was the caption for that photo in my Google image search.

--WARNING!!!--

DerynifanK

I did a search on airsid.net and it found
Chapter11-The Queen of Meara by Martine Lynch. If you get there you can go to the end and click story index and then Kelson Era Index.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

I had a typo at the address. It's www,airsid.net/B/Kelson.htm

Evie

Going to their main page gives me a "Stop SOPA" warning. But I figured out the problem with the other link.  There was a typo in the one posted above. It should be http://www.airsid.net/B/Kelson.htm instead of http://www.airsid.net/B/Kelson.him

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Well, now that Aliset has seen Wash and Darcy in their unmentionables, I'm out of here. LOL! I have a meeting until around 9:00 tonight, so won't be home until probably 9:30 or thereabouts. If I'm not too tired, I'll see if I can figure out another scene from "Queen" Sidana's POV, but otherwise it might need to wait until sometime tomorrow afternoon. (I have another commitment tomorrow morning.)  Feel free to take Aliset shopping or what-have-you!  ;D  (If you do, she has two throwing daggers on her shopping list. Alas, she only rolled two 4s for haggling skills, so I suppose she will have to pay full price, unless one of you has better luck at haggling and is willing to buy them for her? She'll discreetly slip the requisite number of gold pieces into your belt pouch. ;) )

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Since ideally Darcy would also like a pair of throwing daggers, maybe they can strike a package deal.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Evie on January 19, 2018, 04:52:36 PM
I believe so. I haven't seen that movie (or series?), but I think that was the caption for that photo in my Google image search.
I thought she looked familiar. Elizabeth Woodville had a complex set of circumstances to negotiate too.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote"Sometimes it's best not to be noticed."  Sometimes it's best to be fully dressed, he added to himself.
Love it. That let a nice giggle escape during lunch time.  ;D ;D
Glad niether of the boys feel the need to dye their tresses, at least what is left of one of their head of hair. :P
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

Toss me  some names for the children of Kelric and Araxandra. Need both girls and boys names, first name and maybe a second name too. The youngest two boys are twins.  For the oldest boy, the duke's heir, I was considering Kenric Richard Morgan. You might have better ideas. Let me know.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Girls, Bronwen Alyce,  Seanna ( after Sean Derry) Araxenda, boys Brion Anthony, Alaric Javan
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)