• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Jerusha

Today at 11:19:50 AM
Bynw, my Tiny Dungeons book is back in Canada, and I won't have access to it until early next month.  Can my character wait that long?
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,557
  • Total Topics: 2,731
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 02:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on January 18, 2018, 05:23:21 PM
Columcil thought he heard him muttering something about "fierce wild priests from the back of beyond."

Gee, revanne, this wouldn't be the player's real life experiences sneaking into the character or anything, would it?  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Now why would you think that? 😀
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Still think Richenda could have done better for her son in choosing a bride.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Darcy does have a well-worn, plain brown cap that he can wear when he wants to draw less attention.  Unfortunately, it is in his sea bag, attached to the saddle of his missing horse.

Whoa, the horse is back!   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Actually  I always hoped Kelric  would marry one of Kelson's daughters.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Noooooooooo!!!!!  Re: Jerusha's latest dice roll, that is, not Kelric marrying one of Kelson's daughters.  ;D I've thought that might be a possibility myself, although Kelson might be hoping to secure royal alliances with his princesses instead.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

There is a lovely story in Deryni Tales where Kelric claims the heart of Kelson's eldest daughter.  I've always liked it.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on January 18, 2018, 08:53:50 PM
There is a lovely story in Deryni Tales where Kelric claims the heart of Kelson's eldest daughter.  I've always liked it.
OH there is?
I was racking my brain to remember if someone had married him to someone at some time.  I will be happy to rewrite that scene later tonight.
I had forgotten about the twins, I was thinking them to young in the year 1145 when suddenly Kelric became duke and needed an heir. The twins would be 15, Kelric 19. Richenda may have Not pushed him to marry the Orsal's daughter to secure their loyalites with the Hort to protect against the Temereze threat. That had been my first thought.

I will change it, Let me know before 2am.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

NOOOOOOO! Jerusha NOOOOOO!
We need something that will lead Jaxom back to the town.
If I rewrite my last scene tonight, I won't have time to figure it out.  :-\

Edited by me, 

Evie

I dunno, Jaxom is less likely to get himself and his men killed in horrible ways if they just keep on heading home....  LOL!

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Don't know whether this is before 2am and I don't want you to have a lot of extra work but I would petition for Kelric to be married to one of the twins. She could still be exasperated with Kelric for keeping what she considers to be sn overprotective eye on his little brother.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Your voices have spoken and I am fully in agreement.
Seems I have some editing to do.
Could it be that I have not slept well for three nights? Last night was the topper. After writing Kelric's scene, which turned out to be a disaster, I went to bed at 4am. At 5am, my bed actually fell apart and fell to the floor! Apparently Camber didn't like what I wrote either. I had to move to the couch until daylight, and then dismantle the bed, fix the broken screws that had let the headboard fall away and then go to work, exhausted. So I will differently be rewriting Kelric's scene, just not tonight.
zzzzzzzz.

revanne

Yikes Laurna. Take the time you need. A bed disaster sounds the final straw.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Egads, Laurna!  Have the Torenthi invaded your bedroom?  Maybe you need a banishing spell followed by a "good night's sleep" spell.

I'm actually OK if you don't rewrite the scene.  The story in Deryni Tales was fanfiction and not canon, so the field is open for marriage possibilities. 

I wanted to cry when I rolled those snake eyes.   >:(  But, perhaps something along the way home will prompt Jaxom to turn around.  Provided it doesn't take a dice roll. 

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Lord love a dayglo rubber ducky, woman, get some sleep!  ;D  You know, posting a game scene every 24 hours whether you feel up to it or not is not a necessity of life!  Just pop into the OOC thread and say "Hey, guys, I'm sorry, but I spent last night in Jass and Ailidh's collapsible honeymoon bed, without the compensations of having Jass to share it with, so you folks take the ball and run with it while I catch up on my Zzzzzzzzzs. Just don't shave Wash bald!"  You can trust us.  I promise you won't wake up to find Aliset and Darcy running Wash's treasured tresses up the flagpole the next morning as Columcil says words of absolution over them!  Tempting as the thought might be....  ;)

Seriously, a scene rewrite--if you choose to do one--can certainly wait. It's extremely low on the priority list, so unless you are just so unhappy with the scene that you won't be able to rest if you leave it as-is, then why even bother? To put things into perspective, we are talking about a scene containing two NPCs who are not crucial to the main story, and who may or may not show up in it again depending on where the storyline takes us.  (Well, Kelric is more likely to, but his Duchess, whoever she is, is more likely to be tending to her duties in Corwyn rather than getting mixed up in Rhemuth court matters.)  Wash, Aliset, Darcy, and Columcil are our stars here, with Valerian as our mustache-twirling master villain.  (He's glaring at me in my head now and assuring me he does not mustache-twirl! LOL!)  Kelric may be a Duke, but in this particular story he's a bit player with occasional walk-on parts.  :)  So no need to sweat over his scenes being a "disaster," whatever that means to you.  Just make sure they convey the information you are aiming to convey, and then move on.  And I think we were all able to get "Kelric had a pre-arranged schedule for contacting Wash, but Wash failed to check in, and now he's worried" out of your scene, so it served its primary purpose.  :)

--WARNING!!!--