• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,560
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 12:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

As I recall, Darcy will need to visit the blacksmith also, assuming he gets his horse back and that the village blacksmith also serves as a farrier.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

the blacksmith is going to be happy.

throwing daggers are a bit more balanced than your common dagger. so 2gold each at least mabye 3gold for those.

doing the staff up in iron is a 1gold job.

and a couple gold for the horse equipment
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Can we roll to see if we can successfully haggle? ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Bynw

Sure you can. Standard Test too. so 2d6 5 or 6 and you drop it by 1 Gold unless it costs 1 Gold, cant haggle that. If you fail it costs the highest price plus 1 Gold.

Jerusha

I've been meaning to do a test roll in the chatroom anyway, so I rolled to see if the price of the daggers would be 2 gold each or 3:

Jerusha   !roll 2d6
13:11   derynibot   6, 6 == 12

NOW I get a double six.  But that's OK, I'll take them at 2 gold each.

I don't suppose the second six would knock the horseshoeing down to one gold?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on January 18, 2018, 11:59:51 AM
Sure you can. Standard Test too. so 2d6 5 or 6 and you drop it by 1 Gold unless it costs 1 Gold, cant haggle that. If you fail it costs the highest price plus 1 Gold.

LOL!  So it has to either go down or up? There's no chance of the price remaining the same?  Say, for instance, it costs 1 Gold less if you roll 5 or 6, the price remains the same if you have a normal failure roll, and the merchant gets ticked off at you and raises the price if you roll snake eyes?  (She suggests, haggling with the GM....  ;)  ;D)

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on January 18, 2018, 11:25:43 AM
the blacksmith is going to be happy.

throwing daggers are a bit more balanced than your common dagger. so 2gold each at least mabye 3gold for those.

doing the staff up in iron is a 1gold job.

and a couple gold for the horse equipment

Blacksmith's wife gets a new fur-lined cloak and soft, warm, good-quality wool to make the children some warmer clothes for winter and possibly even money to pay someone to sew the kids' clothes for her.

Unless the original blacksmith met a tragic end and his widow and children are the ones running the smithy nowadays, in which case the sudden income might go back into the smithy itself.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on January 18, 2018, 12:17:41 PM
Quote from: Bynw on January 18, 2018, 11:59:51 AM

LOL!  So it has to either go down or up? There's no chance of the price remaining the same?  Say, for instance, it costs 1 Gold less if you roll 5 or 6, the price remains the same if you have a normal failure roll, and the merchant gets ticked off at you and raises the price if you roll snake eyes?  (She suggests, haggling with the GM....  ;)  ;D)

SOunds good to me

Bynw

I'm sure the Nunnery where the Lords and Lady are staying will be expecting a donation as well. Life of poverty and all. Money to pay the upkeep has to come from donations.

Jerusha

Darcy may have to settle for one throwing dagger.  I hope he doesn't end up regretting that decision.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Demercia

Iirc, there was one convent in Meara where Brion stayed with Kenneth Morgan (don't recall which book), where the guest room roof leaked on them in the night and the convent got a healthy donation.   Clever women.  One of the nuns was shrewd in which room she chose to give the king.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Laurna

lol  I think it is fortunate that it is not raining this night. ;)

Hay, with double 6s, Darcy should be able to to use his charisma to haggle the price down further. LOL. All that pale hair and pale eyes needs to account for something.   And yes Wash was envious until he realized how much faster his hair dried now that it is short. 
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

P.S. Aynbeth Araxie von Horthy  born October 1121, 3rd daughter of Letald Hort of Orsal.  Her betrothal to the Duke of Corwyn was made by Dowager Duchess Richenda and Aynbeth's cousin Queen Araxie. She is a few years Kelric's senior. She is usually the sunshine of Coroth Court, Gold hair, green eyes and lavish in her display of rich colors. Her only misgivings is the time her husband spends worrying over his brother, when he should be spending that time with their many children.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on January 18, 2018, 02:10:21 PM
lol  I think it is fortunate that it is not raining this night. ;)

Hay, with double 6s, Darcy should be able to to use his charisma to haggle the price down further. LOL. All that pale hair and pale eyes needs to account for something.   And yes Wash was envious until he realized how much faster his hair dried now that it is short.

Actually, Darcy is pretty good at bargaining with merchants (although he doesn't have that trait in this game).  The Quartermaster taught him a thing or two, and Darcy got lots of practice in those far northern ports.

The pale hair and eyes are a little more effective with the tavern wenches than the merchants.   ;)

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on January 18, 2018, 02:47:57 PM

The pale hair and eyes are a little more effective with the tavern wenches than the merchants.   ;)

Hm.  Effective with the tavern wenches.  You don't say.  Although Aliset does wonder what in the world she was thinking, trying to sneak away discreetly and unobserved in the protection of a man who could pass for a lighthouse if he needs a second job....  ;D

Or for more silvery-white hair....

Yeah.  Imma call him Lightbulb.   ;)

--WARNING!!!--