• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

*Looks contrite, sort of*

I do what I can.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Does this Washburn look like Chris Hemsworth also?  Trying to imagine Chris Hemsworth with a tonsure here....   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Columcil saw the covert smirks of his two remaining companions but years of needing to cover his amusement under the appropriate priestly demeanour stiod him in good stead, so he contented himself with remarking  "Well, Sirs, I'd best be about fitting out Spean with the new harness m'Lord Abbot has kindly provided me, if we're to be off within the hour, as his young  Lordship orders,"  before turning and heading towards the monastery stables.

As he went he pondered as to where he had seen that blazon, if only he could remember! It was clear from the casually given instruction which expected unquestioned obedience that he was a young man of some rank. He would have to find a way of tactfully suggesting a more humble demeanour, if the monkish subterfuge was to succeed - though he had no desire to give offence to one of the nobility. This looked like being an interesting journey. He amused himself briefly with the idea of returning to the Abbot and begging for an easier penance - there was an island somewhere of the coast of Meara with a summit which penitents climbed on their knees. He snorted in amusement at his fancy and turned towards the whicker of greeting that Spean gave him. He ran his hands through the horse's mane and took comfort from the physical contact and the loving touch of the animal's mind.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on December 07, 2017, 11:48:08 AM
This looked like being an interesting journey. He amused himself briefly with the idea of returning to the Abbot and begging for an easier penance - there was an island somewhere of the coast of Meara with a summit which penitents climbed on their knees.

LOL good one Revanne.LOL

Love it. but please post a copy of this onto the story thread.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

Washburn Morgan with short hair.  ;D  Not to sure about that Tonsure though. :o The things one does for friends.

revanne

Thanks to Evie for rescuing me from my misposting  here.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

This one is meant to be here.

Is it allowed to put small buts of dialogue in the mouths of other characters ?obviously they won't  be the focus of the scene, and would be in character.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Morning Revanne.
Yes you may, as we all seem to have done it so far. Just try to keep it in character.
I am just in the process of posting a short addition. I hope this does not interfere with what you are writing.

And now it is posted. And I am going to bed.
Good Night Revanne.   ;D

revanne

Good thought about the timings  Laurna.  We don't want any mishaps with those elastic roads.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

It's hard for me to imagine a hot and humid Meara when there's ice and snow all around me right now. The view outside my window looks like Narnia! ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

You have snow?! Fantastic! A White Christmas!
Stay warm.

Let's compare. California: We haven't seen much rain since last spring, with none in the forecast. 4 days of gale force winds. Yesterday the parking garage elevator was out due to the winds. I had to park on the fourth floor. Walking from there to the hospital was like walking through a wind tunnel on open throttle.   Today the winds have subsided and right now it is 79 degrees. I do hope the Fire fighters can get a handle on the big fires today.

Can you Portal over some of that Snow, Please.
Make an snow angle for me! 
One thing though, Please Drive Safe, safe, safe!

Demercia

Whoops, I think the portal backfired.  We have snow here too.

Bad news about the fires.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Jerusha

How much snow would you like, Laurna?

We had snow squalls all day, which means heavy snow, strong winds and zero visibility.

Fortunately, I had arranged for a vacation day today and didn't need to travel.  So I made Christmas cookies today.

And guess what they are called:  "snowflakes."   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on December 08, 2017, 03:54:19 PM
How much snow would you like, Laurna?

We had snow squalls all day, which means heavy snow, strong winds and zero visibility.

Fortunately, I had arranged for a vacation day today and didn't need to travel.  So I made Christmas cookies today.

And guess what they are called:  "snowflakes."   :)

Perhaps I will pass on the snow squalls. I don't have cloths for that. lol BURRRR

Now, a "snowflake" Christmas cooky, served warm with hot cocoa will do just fine.    ;D Yum!

Bynw

You folks can keep all of that snow down south. I don't want any of it this year.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com