• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 360
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on January 16, 2018, 08:58:51 AM

I agree, revanne.  I was thinking that Laurna's "fifth man" would call off his attempt to break into the monastery now that Washburn and Columcil have arrived.  Shall I leave this to you?  I plan to do a little "welcome back, you look awful" scene.   ;)

And besides, our group needs to move on to the next part of the disaster adventure.

Unless Laurna and Evie want to write anything in the meantime I'll probably post and write a scene this evening my time so mid-late afternoon Eastern/Central time
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Our heroes also need at least six hours of sleep to replenish their HP before setting forth again, remember, and downtime not used in directly fighting off attackers can also be used for necessary character interactions (time for teaching/learning new things, time to restock our travel bags...or for that matter, track down missing horses with saddle bags, etc.). Granted, we can't linger here for days, but we could do with 12 to 24 hours to catch our breaths before the next attempt against us! ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

It's been asked about the use of Hero Points.

They do have to be declared BEFORE rolling.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

I wasn't thinking that they would leap onto their horses and fly singing into the dark ;D. Not least because Darcy hasn't got a horse at the moment!
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on January 16, 2018, 09:53:52 AM
I wasn't thinking that they would leap onto their horses and fly singing into the dark ;D. Not least because Darcy hasn't got a horse at the moment!

Opps, good point.  ;D

Quote from: JerushaAnd besides, our group needs to move on to the next part of the disaster adventure.

LOL  oh dear.  there's more?   ::)

Whole heartily agree it is time to settle, interact, and replenish travel bags and traveler's souls.

May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

I modified the Ritual Magic Trait. It now reads:

Ritual Magic (Deryni): Given the Sacred Space and nothing is impossible. You are more adept at channeling the arcane power flowing through your veins and can empower greater magical effects through rituals. There are specific rituals for nearly every purpose. With a successful Test, you can affect a wider area, more targets, or create a more powerful result. As always, the Game Master is the judge of what you can and cannot attempt to do. You can dispel the magical effects of Artificer objects. Ritual Magic is a Standard Test that succeeds on a 4,5, or 6 due to the focal nature of Rituals. This Trait requires the Spell-Trained Trait.

So it is a Standard Test (2d6) but you succeed on a 4,5, or 6 when preforming something in a Ritual setting.

Evie

Thank you, Bynw!  That will be helpful, not to mention it makes sense that our attempts would be more likely to succeed when we are doing something requiring that much focus.

I've just done a brief scene, and off again to do more chores (still trying to salvage some stuff from our basement leak last week, plus some other chores that have been left to pile up), and get a craft project or two out of the way while I've got some unexpected time off.  My workplace is closed today due to the expected snow and ice, and I just got notice that we won't reopen until 1:00 pm tomorrow at the earliest (possibly not even then if the weather turns out worse than expected), so I'm trying to take advantage of the extra time at home during daylight hours.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

[quote author Evie]I can't promise they'll fit properly, but at least you've been saved the need to wear nuns' habits while your clothes dry.[/quote]

Eeck! There you go trying to dress Wash up as a nun, just as someone had threatened to do days ago. 'After all I've done, after all I've been through...'   LOL!

Jerusha

Darcy awakes suddenly from a disturbing dream.  He was searching for his horse while dressed in a nun's habit....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

OK, locally we have a band of snow coming through town, as well as temps dipping to the single digits (Fahrenheit, so well below freezing rather than just above it), making me wonder if somehow Alabama has migrated to Ontario.  :D  What this means as far as the game is concerned is that any time we get any sort of severe weather (including ice storms), we have an increased chance of power outages, which I am definitely hoping won't happen because I don't want to be stranded here in single-digit temperatures with no way to cook or keep warm but blankets and a fire in the fireplace, and horror of horrors, no internet access!   ;D

BUT if the worst should happen and y'all need to take over the story for a while without me, here are the thoughts foremost on Aliset's mind right now:

1.  Restocking provisions.  We want to get more foodstuffs suitable for travel, for one thing, not to mention make sure our clothing is clean, mended, and suitable. Since our monk disguises have long since been seen though, should we just go ahead and ditch those robes and find some other clothing in the village, or maybe have someone go into town to procure some for us? If they decide to take stock of what belongings they managed to retain and what has gone missing, maybe that would afford an opportunity for Wash or Aliset to recognize Darcy's Ward Cubes for what they are rather than just a useless set of dice.

2. Finding suitable mounts.  Maybe someone in the village has managed to spot and capture Darcy's horse? Or are we going to need to acquire one?  Just because she has no plans to marry Darcy's horse doesn't mean she wouldn't miss it!  Darcy can hardly travel the rest of the way to Rhemuth behind her, after all.  She likes him well enough, but those strong arms wrapped around her the whole way might be just a little distracting, not to mention really uncomfortable after a few hours of close proximity in the summer heat!  ;D

3.  Is there any way to get a message to Kelson ahead of our arrival? Maybe he could send reinforcements to help us.  Sending a messenger ahead of us?  Carrier pigeon from the convent's dovecote?  Deryni magical means? Might her St. Camber medallion or any of the spells in her family grimoire help with that latter option?

4. Curiosity about what she is heading towards at Court, and how it will affect her future.  Is Kelson more likely to want her to remain in Rhemuth as his ward, now that her family is dead, or will he decide to send her back to manage her manorial lands after sending an armed force to reclaim Caer Mariot and secure it for her?  Or will he require her to marry a strong lord who can return to Caer Mariot with his retinue and reclaim it for her in her name?  She has no idea what she's walking into, and that concerns her, although not as much as staying behind to be forced into marriage with Oswald!  Not that she doesn't trust King Kelson to provide well for her and her people, but she's still a bit nervous about the unknown future before her, and might want to pick Washburn's brain re: his impression of what Kelson might be most likely to decide.

5. Curiosity about Darcy's shields.  Is he Deryni, or has he just developed those from being around the rest of them? She really wants to investigate that, if he is willing to let her.  If he is Deryni, maybe he can be trained in at least a few basic skills.  She'd be willing to try.

6. Curiosity about Columcil's power. She wonders if he is full Deryni but just uses magic with a more Border 'flavor," or if he is one of those Borderers with a similar-yet-different source of power and magical tradition. Either way, he's intriguing, and maybe they can learn from each other.

7. Their departure.  How do they plan to sneak out of the village, since she is certain there are enemies keeping watch and waiting for them to do just that?  What sort of disguise would work? Might she be able to cast an illusion on their party to make them look like traveling merchants?  Nuns traveling to a convent in Rhemuth? (LOL at the thought of Wash and Darcy's reaction to that!) Or might a merchant or peddler be able to sneak them out of the village gates in his wagon, with someone else meeting them further down the road with their horses?  They need to decide how to get out of town while throwing off pursuit for as long as they can manage, to give them a head start ahead of their enemies.

That's all that's coming to mind at the moment, but those are the sorts of things Aliset is likely to bring up once she can get a moment alone with her companions.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Lots to sounder as I go off to work.

Let me add that Wash sent off a letter to Dhugal, only just that morning, (that was a very very long day), I want to do a little story to see if the courier makes it to Balimar or if he gets way laid. How many days from Culdi to Balimar if  the courier is moving fast.  Would there be a private portal for Dhugal to use, if the letter reaches him. Although the letter may not spark enough concern to inform Kelson, not yet, however, it should have Dhugal looking into the Oswald problem. Maybe we can get Jass involved. ;D

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on January 16, 2018, 04:16:25 PM
Lots to sounder as I go off to work.

Let me add that Wash sent off a letter to Dhugal, only just that morning, (that was a very very long day),

Maybe a quiet day tomorrow ? ;D
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on January 16, 2018, 03:11:47 PM
OK, locally we have a band of snow coming through town, as well as temps dipping to the single digits (Fahrenheit, so well below freezing rather than just above it),

Would love to have single digit temps. We have had some below zero ones lately.