• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 164
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

All the above are good questions that I have for Bynw as well.  I did a practice roll of the  dice last night, No I did not send it , Really was just practice, and It was not pretty. lol. Which got me worried if Bynw does call for an official dice roll.

Evie out of fear for what may happen now and in the future, I will say that Night Dancer is happily eating hay in Grecotha. and this is just a nice black destrier out of the Grecothan stables.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Good point about the fire, Evie.  Hope my little post doesn't conflict with your scene.  I already had this mostly written in my head by the time I saw your post.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

OK, good to know. Although since a destrier, by definition, is still a trained war horse, and this one doesn't know me, and is currently possibly spooked by the nearby fire/smoke (although as a trained war horse he is probably reasonably bomb-proof), I shall proceed with all due caution.  Sure you don't want to make my life easier and make him a rouncey gelding like Sextus' Murray?  ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on November 29, 2017, 11:44:05 AM
Good point about the fire, Evie.  Hope my little post doesn't conflict with your scene.  I already had this mostly written in my head by the time I saw your post.   :)

No worries; I'm outside in the stables at the moment, so there's no conflict with your scene at all.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Has anyone heard from Bynw yet about if I am supposed to roll. I take it the roll will be a 3d6 Right?

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on November 29, 2017, 02:49:41 PM
Has anyone heard from Bynw yet about if I am supposed to roll. I take it the roll will be a 3d6 Right?

Telekinesis is one of Washburn's listed traits, and your character template says your average difficulty for this would be a 2D6 roll, but if what you are trying to lift is heavier than usual (it was a beam, wasn't it? Not just something small like, for instance, a tankard?), then my guess is that you might need a 3D6 roll.  But yeah, that's more of a call for Bynw to make, and I suspect he's at work right now.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Revanne, Wonderful to have you join us. Yay! I do hope this means you are starting to feel better. To discover the best way to pronounce Priest Columcil's name, I found Saint Columcille (kŏl´əmkĬl´) [Irish=dove of the church]. Will this pronunciation do. I am glad Father Columcil can handle animals as well as his father does.  ;D

QuoteDarcy wondered what he could do.  He was no physician, though he knew a few remedies for seasickness he was sure the nobleman would not appreciate.
LOL. For Washburn's sake, I am going to say "No, please No," to the seasickness remedies.  LOL.

revanne

Thank you for the helpful research Laurna, yes that's the pronounciation.

I am feeling in less pain but actually the reason fr being able to join you is being off sick gave me the time to create my character. Oh dear, I do seem to have it in for Dhugal!

Now to see if I can work out how to do a dice roll.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on November 29, 2017, 09:51:12 AM
Quick question for Bynw re: dice rolls in game play, since this is a story based game.  If we are writing a scene in which something happens that will call for a dice roll, is it OK to just go ahead and do the dice roll on that page (sending you the results, of course), and then continue writing the scene accordingly to whether we succeeded (rolled a 5 or 6 on any of the dice) or not?  For instance, in Laurna's last scene, could she have gone ahead and done a dice roll and then ended the scene with Wash either succeeding at using his telekinesis power or failing at it and needing to take another action (or stepping back to let Darcy try something)?  Or do we need to wait for you to confirm the dice roll?

Just getting caught up on the threads. Yes what you are doing is fine. Just go about the roll if you think it is needed. All part of the free-form aspect.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

I had myself a little giggle earlier in the day (as I put up my outside Christmas lights) about how my writing partners would handle the bath. Nicely done, and discreet from all sides. I was not certain if monastery medieval baths were accomplished in a common bathing room, or if individual tubs were brought into the private room of the guest. It could have gone either way, and I was waiting to see how it would play out. I was giggling as to how Aliset was going to wiggle her way out of a common room bathing scene. But... fortunately discretion and valor have won out, and we need not worry about that. LOL

No, just Nightmares of the disheartening kind and enemies not far behind.  :o

Evie

LOL!  Yes, baths would likely have been a bucket or two of heated water poured into a shallow washtub at most (assuming an actual proper bath and not just a pitcher and basin to sponge off with), not the sort that would take a whole lot of water to fill, but a shallow amount sufficient to sit or squat in while scrubbing up and rinsing off.  There were larger multiperson baths available too, but those are more the sort of thing one might find in a bathhouse (aka 'the stews'), not something that would be used by multiple bathers at once in a monastery.  (Since all sorts of other things besides merely bathing could and did sometimes end up happening at public bathhouses, they eventually gained a disreputable reputation, as the bath attendants sometimes offered services of a much more personal nature. This in turn led to bathhouses being looked at very much askance by the Church, but it generally wasn't personal cleanliness that was looked down upon, but the vices that went along with people of both genders bathing together leading to other, more illicit activities.)

[Edited to correct spelling error, though I guess multiperson baths were also multipurposed at times, much to the consternation of the Church!  LOL!)

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Evie, I was looking hard at Aliset's picture. The emblem on the dagger isn't perfectly clear but it looked like an eagles head to me. If it is other than that. let me know I and i will change the description. I should have asked you, but it was one am my time when I wrote that; then I forgot to ask this morning.

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on December 04, 2017, 02:32:50 PM
Evie, I was looking hard at Aliset's picture. The emblem on the dagger isn't perfectly clear but it looked like an eagles head to me. If it is other than that. let me know I and i will change the description. I should have asked you, but it was one am my time when I wrote that; then I forgot to ask this morning.

LOL! I honestly don't know what's on that dagger.  It was just a pendant that KK sent me along with a bunch of fabric for the Mini-Deryni.  Here is the link to the original photo on Flickr, if you want to zoom in and see the fine details, though honestly an eagle would be just as fitting a design as any other, as far as I'm concerned.

(Click on photo to get to Flickr page, and then you should be able to click on the photo there to zoom in for a close view.)

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

"Lord have mercy," Darcy muttered as he drew the hood of his robe up to cover his head.

Jerusha, You know how to make me laugh. ;D

revanne

That's right Jerusha. Add to poor Fathee Columcil's worries. Still, if he gets caught up in a lightening strike aimed at Darcy he won't have to worry about awkward questions any more.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)