• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

The horse is pretty gorgeous too.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Demercia

The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Jerusha

Sorry about that dice roll, Laruna.  I wanted to use an advantage roll with Darcy as a ranged weapon. but I didn't think Bywn would let that fly (pun sort of intended).
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Yikes! Jerusha!

Here I was imagining it was just a woodland boor boar and everyone was going to laugh at Wash for being so tense over it.

One hit point down. Still have five left. Not out yet.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on January 06, 2018, 08:20:33 PM
Yikes! Jerusha!

Here I was imagining it was just a woodland boor and everyone was going to laugh at Wash for being so tense over it.

One hit point down. Still have five left. Not out yet.

Nope, but I'll wager Wash is gonna wish he lived in a century with orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists.  (Evie can attest, as can I, that shoulder injuries hurt like hell!)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Sorry folks -Columcil intended to bash the attacker over the head with his staff but I was in Church!
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Wow, I can't leave y'all alone for one day without mayhem happening! LOL!  I'll try to add a scene later, though it might be after chat since tonight is (presumably) early chat and I have stuff I need to get done first. It's a good thing we have a Healer in our group! Too bad that Healer's player decided to load our dice roller with 2s. Maybe if Aliset promises never to marry Darcy's horse, no matter how many 1s we roll, we can get more 5s and 6s in there?  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on January 06, 2018, 08:20:33 PM

Here I was imagining it was just a woodland boor and everyone was going to laugh at Wash for being so tense over it.

A woodland boar (I imagine you meant a wild hog and not a rude man living in the woods :D ) would be well worth being tense about in any case. Several hundred pounds of mean-tempered, undomesticated omnivore who would be as happy to kill and perhaps even eat you as you would be to kill and eat him is nothing to let your guard down around, trust me!  There was a reason boar hunting was done in groups and was considered a test of skill and courage. I think we might be better off with our unknown attacker, who at least is presumably some human (or even Deryni) minion who is lower in hit points than we are. ;D (I assume Valerian hasn't high-tailed it over here to do his own dirty work. )

--WARNING!!!--

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on January 07, 2018, 02:22:41 PM

I think we might be better off with our unknown attacker, who at least is presumably some human (or even Deryni) minion who is lower in hit points than we are. ;D (I assume Valerian hasn't high-tailed it over here to do his own dirty work. )

Valerian has not high tailed it over himself. He is not about to bloody his hands directly, at least not yet anyway.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Is this the part of the story where I say "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?   :o  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Only if you roll the dice.   :o  ;D

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I'm more afraid of those dice than I am of Valerian's henchmen!  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on January 08, 2018, 04:44:20 PM
Is this the part of the story where I say "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?   :o  ;D

It's looking that way! Remember, the goal is to reach Rhemuth, ALIVE!

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on January 08, 2018, 06:04:28 PM
I'm more afraid of those dice than I am of Valerian's henchmen!  ;D

Agreed!

Here I am at work, good thing I have a long lunch! And I can not touch the dice roller from my laptop.