• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Yikes - thanks Laurna! It's all down to poor Father Columcil
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

I gave Columcil an advantage in his dice rolling since he is using holy water and invoking divine assistance. Hopefully this isn't counted as cheating.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Sounds good to me. This time anyway. Wont be so easy next time if it is required.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Quote from: Evie on January 03, 2018, 10:18:15 AM
Quote from: Jerusha on December 30, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
Just a reminder to our current scenario that Master Darcy has ward cubes in his sea bag.  I have not thought of a way to introduce the fact (and pending a possible roll of the dice).  A sudden "Hey, looky what I have in my sea bag!  Dice!" does not seem to be the best approach.   ;D

If Darcy agrees to join the rest of us in the attempt to destroy the amulet, we'll discover soon enough that he has shields. Granted, it's not too unusual for a human (which we still assume him to be at this point) to have shields if he's been around Deryni long enough, but that discovery (and telling Darcy about them) might be enough to make him curious about why he has shields, and that could prompt further investigations.  Did Darcy know that the person whose belongings he is carrying in his sea bag was a Deryni?

I didn't read this until after I posted my latest scene, but Aliset discovering Darcy's shields worked out very well for me. 

Darcy knew that his Quartermaster was Deryni, though few of the rest of the crew were aware, and it may be the Captain was not even aware. Mariners can be a very superstitious lot.  The Quartermaster discovered Darcy was Deryni, and that was the reason he took him under his wing.  He taught him nothing about magic but made sure he was educated enough otherwise to rise through the ranks.

If Aliset were to look more closely into Darcy's mind, she would discover expertly set training controls. Darcy comes from a very old Deryni family.  These controls, however, are beginning to weaken over time, and more of Darcy's inherent magic abilities may break through.  Though if we are depending on a roll of the dice for that, it may never happen!   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on January 04, 2018, 08:53:07 AM
Quote from: Evie on January 03, 2018, 10:18:15 AM
Quote from: Jerusha on December 30, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
Just a reminder to our current scenario that Master Darcy has ward cubes in his sea bag.  I have not thought of a way to introduce the fact (and pending a possible roll of the dice).  A sudden "Hey, looky what I have in my sea bag!  Dice!" does not seem to be the best approach.   ;D

If Darcy agrees to join the rest of us in the attempt to destroy the amulet, we'll discover soon enough that he has shields. Granted, it's not too unusual for a human (which we still assume him to be at this point) to have shields if he's been around Deryni long enough, but that discovery (and telling Darcy about them) might be enough to make him curious about why he has shields, and that could prompt further investigations.  Did Darcy know that the person whose belongings he is carrying in his sea bag was a Deryni?

I didn't read this until after I posted my latest scene, but Aliset discovering Darcy's shields worked out very well for me. 

Darcy knew that his Quartermaster was Deryni, though few of the rest of the crew were aware, and it may be the Captain was not even aware. Mariners can be a very superstitious lot.  The Quartermaster discovered Darcy was Deryni, and that was the reason he took him under his wing.  He taught him nothing about magic but made sure he was educated enough otherwise to rise through the ranks.

If Aliset were to look more closely into Darcy's mind, she would discover expertly set training controls. Darcy comes from a very old Deryni family.  These controls, however, are beginning to weaken over time, and more of Darcy's inherent magic abilities may break through.  Though if we are depending on a roll of the dice for that, it may never happen!   ;D

Maybe we should use the Quartermaster's dice for that roll, then.  I'm sure they're luckier than the dice in the dice roller!

Oh wait, the Quartermaster died, didn't he?  Let's hope it wasn't from rolling those dice....   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Noted. In my experience works like that in the real world too😊
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on January 04, 2018, 05:44:12 AM
Yikes - thanks Laurna! It's all down to poor Father Columcil

Perfect Revanne.LOL
Well done.
I did intend to make a focused advantage roll of 3d6 once Wash had the blessing. But knowing his luck, I still afraid of messing even that up. If that had happened, I had planned to remove the amulet from the pouch and make a direct strike. That however had it's own risks.  I would have to roll to see if the amulet affected anyone near by before Wash could strike it. Would not that have been fun?

NO? 

It worked out perfectly the way Columcil did it.  Thankyou.

May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

I found it hard to write about the destruction of the smulet because the image that was playing in my mind the whole time was of Ron Weasley destroying the locket horcrux with the sword of Gryffindor. Oops wrong fandom!
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on January 04, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
I found it hard to write about the destruction of the smulet because the image that was playing in my mind the whole time was of Ron Weasley destroying the locket horcrux with the sword of Gryffindor. Oops wrong fandom!

Thats too funny. I did not think of that.
KK did not give words to the counterspell that Kelson used to diffuse the Jerraman cyrstal after it had killed Kevin and Bronwyn. But that crystal had been spent of most of its power with only residual magic remaining as Kelson walked in. I figured this crystal was active and needed a stronger form of destruction. The counterspell Wash used would be one that evoked the four archangels and used the blessing of the Lord as its energy source to turn the magic. The dagger then destroyed the gem to keep the magic from returning.

Question: should be bury the gem shards, scatter them in the river, or bring them with us? I am thinking of burying them.

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on January 04, 2018, 03:45:54 PM

Question: should be bury the gem shards, scatter them in the river, or bring them with us? I am thinking of burying them.

Hm, let's not kill the fish.  ;)  And I don't think we'd want even the last shards of something with a dark taint journeying with us.  Can we bury it, sprinkle the burial site with holy water, and scorch the ground it's under?   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Quote from: Evie on January 04, 2018, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: Laurna on January 04, 2018, 03:45:54 PM

Sounds reasonable.

Hm, let's not kill the fish.  ;)  And I don't think we'd want even the last shards of something with a dark taint journeying with us.  Can we bury it, sprinkle the burial site with holy water, and scorch the ground it's under?   ;D
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Not sure why my "sounds reasonable" appeared in an odd place.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Looks like you clicked inside the quoted section by accident before typing your reply, so it ended up prefacing Laurna's quote. Next time, just make sure you click somewhere after the end quote code (the one that looks like </quote> but in square brackets) before typing.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Thank you.

Comes of typing late at night on my phone with a small screen. #middle-aged problems.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Hehehe
I found a perfect image for Washburn. Check out his character page.

I am in love.