• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:02:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,485
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

revanne, that happened by chance, but I'm glad it fit.  ;D

Evie, the last two pictures are closer to Darcy's appearance, almost white blond without albinism. There is the slightest of silvery sheen to mute what could be a starling white.  It is not an appearance that would blend into the crowd.  But in Isles, it has served well as a rallying point when needed.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on December 22, 2017, 05:42:14 PM
Quote from: revanne on December 22, 2017, 05:32:40 PM
Someone has told Jerusha  how grumpy I am at being disturbed in the morning.

;D

Revanne, Love it.

Evie, I am not sure what Jerusha thinks but the top pic is closest. Only need to tan up the skin a bit. He has been living on the ocean for some time. When I lived on a sail boat, I had a substantial tan that took three years to fade.

May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on December 22, 2017, 10:22:25 PM
Quote from: Evie on December 22, 2017, 05:42:14 PM
Quote from: revanne on December 22, 2017, 05:32:40 PM
Someone has told Jerusha  how grumpy I am at being disturbed in the morning.

;D

Revanne, Love it.

Evie, I am not sure what Jerusha thinks but the top pic is closest. Only need to tan up the skin a bit. He has been living on the ocean for some time. When I lived on a sail boat, I had a substantial tan that took three years to fade.

Tan skin and silver-white hair?  Naw, that's not going to stand out in a crowd. Not at all!  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

lol  Evie.

Ok, acting for Lord Trillick, is there any reason, which I can not think of, that in the morning he would not trust what Washburn has said the night before.

Also would there be any chance that a retainer of his would recognize Austin?

Or do I just move on with the morning as if all is good?

Evie

I can't think of a reason he'd distrust Wash, unless he simply has a kneejerk distrust of knights who like to keep their hoods half up indoors.   ;D

You might want to read the scene I just added, though. It might generate some ideas for future scenes.  The character mentioned at the end of it is also better known to our adventurers (who know nothing of all this thus far) as "our late stalker's Deryni master." 

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

OOOOOOOHHHHH!
And the game/story plot thickens.   Oh dear, of dear!

Evie

I will need to go back and re-read Aliset's family history in her profile as well as what Bynw wrote at the beginning of the game thread about the setting, but I am thinking maybe Aliset's late father and brothers were in the service of that loyal Mearan that Kelson ended up giving the Barony of Trurill to after Brice of Trurill was attainted for treason and executed. The Codex merely says those lands reverted to the Crown, but doesn't mention Kelson giving them over to someone else, but he could have done so after 1130, which is when the Codex stops recording events.  The location of Trurill (and therefore presumably any other manors connected with that barony) is west of Culdi, according to the Codex, which seems to fit in with Aliset riding in the direction of Culdi to meet up with Sir Washburn before continuing on to Rhemuth.

Also, Grand Duke Valerian (the masculine version of his Byzantyne mother's second name) is not mentioned in the Codex. I am imagining him born around 1134, therefore 30 years before the events of this story. His older twin brothers Iskander and Imre are already claimants to Torenth and Gwynedd (in Iskander's case, unless he's generous enough to pass Gwynedd on to his younger-by-minutes twin in the unlikely event they manage a coup in both kingdoms) and the Duchy of Marluk (Imre's claim), so hardly likely to be interested into marrying into backwater Meara, although I could certainly see them being willing to support the separatists just to harass Kelson and keep his attention westward.  But an ambitious third son must seek his fortune as best he can, and for Valerian, Meara would both offer him a potential kingdom of his own and put him in a great place to support Iskander's bid for power in Gwynedd.  Who knows, if Iskander is grateful enough and manages to eventually beat Liam-Lajos too, he might be willing to allow Valerian to rule a combined Meara and Gwynedd from Laas or Ratharkin. Wouldn't the Mearans like that?  Imre might not, but I suspect the sons of Teymuraz are well practiced at sibling rivalry....

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

I love the way the plot is thickening.
I'm wondering if Kelson might have given Trurill to Jass  MacArdry for his loyalty and service  (maybe at the same time he gave the Earldom of Kilshane to Jatham which was, according to me in Generosity, formally ratified  at the Christmas Court of 1135). He's not Mearan  but his border roots are solid and when we first meet Brice of Trurill, at the beginning of TBH, Transha and Trurill men are co-operating to keep the peace in their bit of the Borders. I suspect the fact that he is relatively a local lad would have gone down well with the people of Trurill, and his proven loyalty would have strengthened both Rory and  Dhugal's,  and therefore Kelson's, hand in the region.
He's local enough to Meara to still have been regarded as a traitor to the separatist cause.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

You know as we pen this together with the dice sometimes determining our fates. This narrative for the game could become part of the Deryni canon if herself decrees it to be so ...
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Jass is also a cousin (albeit distantly) to the late Sicard MacArdry, so his support of Kelson rather than Sicard's Queen would not have gone over well among her loyalists.

On the other hand, if separatist barons are snatching manors on his lands right under his very nose, either Jass is in grave danger, already dead, or currently away from Trurill with no idea what is going on there yet.  Preferably that latter option, because I've already promised Ailidh she gets to die before him due to her terror of losing anyone else she loves. :)

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on December 23, 2017, 07:27:36 AM
You know as we pen this together with the dice sometimes determining our fates. This narrative for the game could become part of the Deryni canon if herself decrees it to be so ...

LOL! Right now our fates suck, so let's hope this doesn't all turn out like the final chapters of KJY!  😂

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Quote from: Evie on December 23, 2017, 09:01:43 AM

On the other hand, if separatist barons are snatching manors on his lands right under his very nose, either Jass is in grave danger, already dead, or currently away from Trurill with no idea what is going on there yet.  Preferably that latter option, because I've already promised Ailidh she gets to die before him due to her terror of losing anyone else she loves. :)

I'm sure that something could be arranged  ;D
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on December 23, 2017, 09:13:38 AM

Hopefully by that you don't mean Ailidh's death happening first! LOL!

--WARNING!!!--

Demercia

TBH isn't the first time we meet Brice.   Brian knights him in, I think , The Kings Deryni.   I have wondered what went wrong as that was intended to, and should have, cemented his loyal. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

revanne

Quote from: Evie on December 23, 2017, 09:23:17 AM
Quote from: revanne on December 23, 2017, 09:13:38 AM

Hopefully by that you don't mean Ailidh's death happening first! LOL!

Would I suggest anything so unkind? *Looks innocent*
(Psalm 46 v1)