• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:01:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 239
Total: 240
DerynifanK
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

I do have 2 concerns about what is happening with Wash at this time. When he stripped and had his bath what happened to the wine skin with the Blue Fyre?  It would be bad if it fell into the wrong hands or if the wrong person drank it not knowing what it was. Also worry about Wash's use of the Deryni  power blocking while his mind is still altered. It could lead to many problems. Just thinking about it and worrying. I"m really good at worrying.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

If a human were to take it. Nothing much would happen. It would have a sweet taste to it more than normal. And they would feel pins and needles at the fingers after about 20 minutes or so and then on going for the next 6+ hours. They might gain some heightened awareness during that time. But other than that he wouldn't have an issues.

A Deryni on the other hand ...

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

At the moment it's not really a concern. I very much doubt Iain would have taken Wash and Sidana to seek sanctuary with a couple who is likely to steal any of their personal possessions, which is what taking a sip of the Blue Fyre from his personal wineskin without his express permission would be.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

First it was more like a sponge bath than an immersion bath. So Wash would not have taken the wine skin off, just like you don't take a necklace off to take a bath. Also Meave and Roland would have noticed that he did not take it off, but they never would have touched it. Not without orders from Iain to do so. Roland is a knight so he has his honor.  He would never steal. Not even a young house boy, and they don't seem to have one, would dare to steal from a man who was taller than the door frame. ;D.
DerynifanK, I am happy you are looking after Wash.
I know of one way you could really make sure Wash was taken care of and does not fall into the wrong hands.
Join us in Meara. Yes?
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

@Laurna, I am considering  it. I have an idea for a character, trying to develop  it. 
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

I'm sure it will be a good character, Deryinfank.  Looking forward to him/her!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

@DerynifanK. Don't worry too much about developing your character at this stage, that happens as we go along. The main thing is to chose some character traits from Bynw's list and a plausible reason for meeting up with the rest of us. We will then take good care of you (Washburn chokes quietly).
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on October 16, 2018, 12:38:29 AM
...We will then take good care of you (Washburn chokes quietly).

Cough, weaze, cough, breath... Washburn  says "I Trust Darcy, Aliset and Columcil will take good care of you. Ah and Iain too. But as for them other fellows... don't go anywhere near Jaxom, Feyd or Valerian. Their idea of taking care of you is not the kind of care you want or need. "

Jump in with both feet, the water is fine.

Laurna

Fiona, Welcome to Ghosts of the Past.

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Welcome to our story, cousin!  (From Sir Iain and Darcy)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Thanks to all of you for the welcome. I hope I can contribute  to the fun and excitement  of the game. I can see Fiona having interesting  adventures  and providing a challenge to Iain and Darcy. Iain says this is just what he needs, another problem.

Jerusha

Darcy is trying to figure out a wife (having her also as his squire is not helping); now he has a younger cousin he's only heard of a couple of times to figure out.  No challenges here!   ;D

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

I would like to be a fly on the wall for that discussion....

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on October 22, 2018, 06:23:36 PM
I would like to be a fly on the wall for that discussion....
Kelson most likely has double the guard on all his grandchildren. They will be feeling the restrictions.

The out come of Kelric's Rapport will be dependent upon whether Iain's rapport came in first or second.
Do you want to roll for an inititive test to see if it is Iain's rapport or Kelric's rapport that Kelson receives first?
That would be a test I would prefer that Iain won. LOL