• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,560
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 385
Total: 385
Google (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

I think that Kelson and Liam are in very similar positions with potential threats to the stability of their kingdoms and I am sure that very close contact is being kept between the two of them. Kelson will not want to appear in any way to be blaming Liam's regime - he cannot afford a war on two fronts, quite apart from his own personal friendship with Liam. I imagine Liam would be very happy if the Tolan fleet never returns, what will worry him more is who is raising troops in Tolan, and have they all departed for Laas or is he about to face an armed rising in Tolan?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

You know, we are assuming Liam managed to keep hold of the throne in Torenth.  But what if somewhere along the way, something happened to him and Ronal-Rurik ended up on the throne? Who knows where Ronal's allegiances might lie?  Or even if Liam's son was the next heir, there would have been a long delay between Liam coming into his kingdom and his marriage to Princess Eirian once she grew old enough to marry. If Liam later fell prey to some political plot against him, that might have put a minor on the throne, and Liam's Gwyneddan Queen would be in a very precarious position as his (presumed) regent. If Matyas is still around, he would presumably remain true to Liam's policies as another royal advisor, but would Liam have managed to weed out all of the more corrupt influences in his court during his reign? Who knows?

Of course, this is all sheer speculation. As far as we know, Liam is still healthy and hale, and seriously hacked off at Teymuraz' brood of vipers. I honestly can't recall if we have said anything previously in the game about who is currently on Torenth's throne, just that Iskander ho Phourstanos would like that someone to be himself instead of the actual Furstan incumbent.  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

That is indeed true, although my mind reels at further complications. Although I think the Pax Kelsona which Bynw says has been mostly peaceful would likely have come under threat earlier if Liam was gone especially if Matyas was no longer around.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Here is an idea. Adding a second storyline of two - four characters who are part of  loyal nobility who support Liam, his queen, and his young son. They need to discover and survive the Rebellious happenings that is coming from Talon. They could encounter Valerian's middle brother trying the same coup in Tolan as Valerian is in Meara. Only on the Torneth side. I wonder if Drakensis or others might be interested in showing us the Torenthi side of the rebellion. Just a thought for the future.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Have to get to Washburn's evening and the King's plan to get Feyd's Ward cubes to the 3 clandestine riders before we find out what happened to Feyd himself :)
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

revanne, that was wonderful!  I was worried that Aliset would be left in the dark about Columcil.  Darcy would not want to hide the secret, but would not be comfortable in telling what was not his to tell.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Loved the interaction between Duncan and Columcil. Columcil has had a lot to try him and he certainly has Dhugal's temper. I can understand Kelson's relief that he won't have to deal with the offspring of Darcy  and Aliset if they take after their  parents.
Laurna, that is an intriguing storyline for the future but I'm  just trying to survive this one.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Nice, Laruna.  At least Jaxom is good for something.   ;D

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on September 26, 2018, 01:08:17 PM

Aliset suggests he might make a good pell.

Pell (noun): https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/pell, definition 2. 

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Quote from: Evie on September 26, 2018, 03:52:32 PM

Pell (noun): https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/pell, definition 2.

Poor Jaxom. Nobody loves him.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on September 26, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

I wouldn't say that. The right predator might find him quite tasty!  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

DerynifanK

Jaxom's lack of popularity is his own fault. It is his arrogance and lack of consideration  for others that makes others dislike and avoid him. And the sad part is he doesn't see his faults.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Quote from: Evie on September 26, 2018, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: revanne on September 26, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

I wouldn't say that. The right predator might find him quite tasty!  ;D

I don't even know about that.  Most predators don't like the taste of human.  :P
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com