• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundMistress

Some more great writing, ladies! Things are afoot! Practically drooling for the next section!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

The writing  in this storyline  just keeps getting better and better. You are all amazing.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Gades!  That is precious, Revanne! Love love love Darcy getting all bent up and Aliset holding her own. and Columcil finally telling them the truth about his family line. I would love to be there to see Darcy's face and to see Columcil trott out on Shadow.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Let me assure you Darcy's face shows nothing but utter shock!  Poor man is feeling a bit alone, right now....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I love the picture of Columcil riding away on Shadow leaving Darcy sitting there with his mouth hanging open. He was sounding like Jaxom. Shame on him, Wonder how he'll apologize  to Columcil
I am concerned  about  Wash. It seems that Feyd fixed it so that if Valerian  doesn't kill him, his own people will. Chances do not look good.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Darcy needed to be spurned by Columcil for being a snotty brat that's just found out recently that he's not a poor sailor at all. Can't wait to read the betrothal service!
Judy Ward

revanne

Oh dear.. Apologies to Jerusha and Darcy. I didn't mean to make Darcy sound snotty ( and certainly NOT like Jaxom). I meant for his words to be because he is torn between his love for Aliset and his fear that this all sounds too good to be true. And that made it sound wrong. If anyone is being snotty it is Columcil who enjoyed dumbfounding Darcy and taking off  past him on a splendid war horse just a little too much.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I didn't read it as Darcy being snooty. Not at all. I read it as Darcy being overwhelmed, concerned, and trying to take a back-step. Is this really what Aliset wants? Is this really the direction he had planned to take?
Up until now, Darcy and Aliset have had a few moments of deep attraction for each other, but those were mostly in the midst of life threatening encounters. Nothing before this moment has been said about a life time commitment of marriage. I think these two need to set down somewhere and hash out just what they each want out of their relationship. and realize that the each trusts each other's opinion, emphatically.

Columcil has to assert himself into a position of authority so that he can moderate that conversation. Marriage councilor per-say.  But I have to add, that I think Columcil is still not completely comfortable with his parentage and the higher rank that it gives him.  As the two love birds learn to talk to each other, I think they can also help Columcil learn to respect his higher status. Riding Shadow and being comfortable on the grand horse will also help him learn a new place for himself. He isn't just a humble country priest any more. Darcy isn't just a seaman anymore. and Aliset isn't just a humble maiden.  All of them are growing up.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Thanks Laurna,

That's how I meant to write it and you have given a great insight into our characters.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Maybe when they  reach the place where  the betrothal  is to take place they will be able  to take time to talk and get a better understanding  of each other's  feelings and wants and needs. Thanks Laurna for your insights and This is what they need.

Jerusha

Remember that Darcy, in spite of his new status, is still much a seaman at heart.  He spent 12 hard years at sea, worked his way up to ship's officer and master navigator.  Unfortunately, diplomacy is NOT a skill he learned.  Aliset will help him learn this over time, even when he is his most exasperating self.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Education in diplomacy will be very  helpful, I think. And Columcil might need to work a bit on his temper. He has Dhugal's  temper which can get the better of him. Fascinating to see how they will change in their new circumstances.

HoundMistress

I didn't mean snotty brat in a bad way.  He's trying to find his way, but he was a bit bossy with Aliset & Columcil and needed a set down. Col really gave it to him, too! Great writing! Looking forward to the betrothal. They will never have a dull marriage!
Judy Ward

DesertRose

Well done, Jerusha!

And I have to say that this part:

Quote from: Jerusha on September 17, 2018, 03:50:59 PM
At the priest's nod, Darcy took the ring and slid in on the little finger of her left hand.  It made it as far as the second knuckle and lodged firmly. "We never do anything quite the normal way," he said.

Aliset laughed.  "I doubt we ever will," she replied.

Amen, thought Columcil.

Made me quite literally laugh out loud!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Wonderful, Jerusha. Just wonderful.
(Psalm 46 v1)