• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 125
Total: 126
Shiral
Google (AdSense) (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

I'm likewise likely to be offline a fair bit over the next few days so feel free to use Columcil - be nice to him though. As much as those dratted dice allow. 
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Just to be picky Laurna, you refer to Washburn a couple of times as Sir Morgan - it should be Sir Washburn as the title Sir is always followed by a forename, although you could put Sir Washburn Morgan if you want ti emphasize the damily name. Perils of playing with a Brit!
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Hmm.  I could have Aliset fall madly in love with Darcy, and Father Columcil could perform a hasty betrothal ceremony. 

No, I'll behave.  I promise. *fingers crossed*   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Father Columcil hastily replaces all the "6"'s with "2"s.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Thank you for not replacing them with 1s! Aliset would really rather not fall in love with Darcy's horse!  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

ROFL!

Duly noted about the Sir Washburn. Thanks Revanne.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

I think we are in a good place to slow the pace of our posting for the story/game. This does not mean that we need to quit altogether.
Please, oh please, if something comes to mind, write it and post it. Trivia here, Lord Adam Trillick is a real character from the Codex listed under Lester Trillick on page 155. I literally just opened the codex up to a random page to see if a name popped out for me to use. Lester's surviving heir was prefect. (I just noticed that Lendour is listed on those open pages so that is likely why the book opened there. but it still works.  :D)

Jerusha

I agree, Laurna.  I have a small post in mind that I may pursue, but I think we will all be busy with the holidays.  And hopefully will have some time set aside to relax with family and friends.

Though a hasty betrothal for Aliset and Darcy's horse does have some interesting possibilities.... riding off into the sunset.... ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I dunno...is Darcy's horse better looking than Chris Hemsworth?  LOL!

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on December 21, 2017, 09:48:57 PM
I dunno...is Darcy's horse better looking than Chris Hemsworth?  LOL!

or

LOL
That's a tough choice    ;D

revanne

Father Columcil glares sternly at the company and reminds them that Canon Law would not permit him to preside at a betrothal between a young maiden and a horse. He further reminds them that he is a beast speaker and that Darcy's horse's interest in Aliset is limited to anything good to eat she might have about her person.

Nice pics, though.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Someone has told Jerusha  how grumpy I am at being disturbed in the morning.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Speaking of pics, I've been scouring the interwebs for photos of young men around Darcy's age with very pale blond hair and ice blue eyes, but who don't look too obviously like they've had a ton of bleach dumped on their head or like they have such pale coloring due to albinism. (I have a friend whose family carries that trait, and in addition to the pale skin and hair, unfortunately it can also carry extreme light sensitivity and vision problems, so she and her brother are both unable to drive, and she can only see well enough to read or embroider if she holds the book or fabric about 8" from her face.  In a warrior culture, that would not be helpful!)  So looking for Scandinavian-looking lads with enough coloring to make them stand out, but not so much so that you'd think you'd fallen into an elf fantasy, I found these on Pinterest:

(OK, this guy's hair might owe more to Clairol than nature, but I can see a day's growth of stubble looking nearly invisible on that chin, even though even on a golden-blond man's face, his beard is more likely to come in darker.)

(Ditto about this guy, but if the ultimate reason for making his a pale blond is so his brother might eventually spot and recognize him in Rhemuth, then I'd think this pale a hair color would definitely get him noticed! Granted, it will also get him noticed by everyone else who encounters us, so that's a bad thing as well as a good one! LOL!)

And given the difficulty in just finding usually pale-haired blond men, I didn't even try to add the braid to the image search!   ;D  Actually, those last two might be the same kid, now that I see them both on the same page together.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

I have also been cooking up a bit of potential backstory, given the setting description and year Bynw has given us to work with, just so we can have names and motivations for our shadowy villains and have some idea what we're up against.  That is, we players will know a bit more about who is against our characters (like for instance, what is our shadowy Deryni mastermind's name, what's his interest in Oswald's machinations, who are those Mearan Separatists rallying around, etc?), which can spark ideas for future encounters with them. Our players are still quite in the dark about what's going on, I'm sure. Hopefully I can get a "meanwhile behind the scenes" scene written from that POV later on tonight, but first dinner!

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: revanne on December 22, 2017, 05:32:40 PM
Someone has told Jerusha  how grumpy I am at being disturbed in the morning.

;D

--WARNING!!!--