• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

Today at 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29
Baidu (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 04:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Did some walking in Drogh country today. Sadly no sign of Washburn :'(
Or of Drogh 😉
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

That is some formidable looking country side. Love the cave in the first photo and the rough hills in the the others.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

It's the Derbyshire Peak District. The pub we found at the end of our walk had food every bit as good as the Inn in Droghera.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

That is some scary looking country, especially at night I would think. Looks like some rough walking. Glad you found a good pub in which to recover
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Very nice photos, and glad the pub food was good.

Don't go out at night though, just in case Drogh goes hunting. 😉
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Me being curious I looked up Berbyshire Peak ddistrict, fount this site
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x487a2ddb7e5f4bfb:0x79a099aa0b1382ea!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipM5_cGvxqQmNLEMML6-v3YAFEE-BiEM5loOoY9d%3Dw300-h200-k-no!5sDerbyshire+Peak+District+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipM5_cGvxqQmNLEMML6-v3YAFEE-BiEM5loOoY9d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjj9uzchffcAhVFlVQKHe5zCE0QoiowEHoECAgQCQ

And there I viewed the rugged beauty of the the country side. The area of beautiful and yes I can see Drogh using one or two of the caves and cliff sides to while away the daylight in. Somewhere in the midst of all those photos, there is even a ruins and there is a lake with reeds all around it. Put the ruins on a knoll in the center of the lake and there you have the Michaeline Abbey. (the images are copyright so I can not share them here.)
Thanks Revanne. Some day I have to come visit.

revanne

Fantastic story telling again Laurna. I especially loved the Derbyshire spiders, glad they weren't out on Friday. Luckily even when we are out walking on short winter days we always make sure we are safely in the pub by nightfall and a good half-pint of Guinness or local ale is powerful magic against the powers of darkness.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

I'm with Jeb - I hate spiders!

The spider-ward was a brilliant idea!  I shudder to think what happens next.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Actually  spiders are good insects. They catch and eat the bad ones. Hiwever, wouldn't want to get caught in a Web or encounter  oNE of Feyd's monsters. Scary
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

HeHehe.  The fear Ward is Feyds. the Derbyshire Spiders are mine. I was thinking of the Hobit when all the dwarves get caught in the forest of spiders and every one but Bilbo gets cocooned.
Gives me the shivers.  Don't put any blame on the four that didn't pass that roll. I would not have passed it either. **Shiver again**

HoundMistress

Did it HAVE to be spiders? Ick!!! Great writing, though.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

Well done, Laurna, well done!

I rather liked the banshee mother.   ;D

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on August 23, 2018, 02:04:01 PM
Well done, Laurna, well done!

I rather liked the banshee mother.   ;D

Poor Cletus. He finds women intimidating. Especially Mum.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Brilliantly done again Laurna.

Poor Egan. And what is Remy's back story,  I wonder?
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Why oh why does it never get any better? Really discouraging that help is always just too late. I had hopes for the Droghera men but as Egan said, it was all for naught. I thought Feyd was strictly in it for the money but now sounds like he is on the Mearans  side. And he never gave Wash the Blue Fyre. By the way, what ever happened  to Dhugal, Richard and the fleet? Any help from that quarter?