• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:33:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I think Aliset will want to be well away from Rhemuth before she even considers asking if he perchance brought his purple stole as well....   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

Wow things sure got interesting fast today. The action is moving ...
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

So true bynw. On the edge of my seat waiting for what cones next
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Well, I think a betrothal at least, down the road a piece.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on August 13, 2018, 05:03:58 PM
Just as well Father Columcil has that nice white stole Duncan gave him. It's handily placed under his cassock,  if in the future he should be asked to conduct a wedding, for instance.
Great writing Jerusha.

Quote from: Jerusha on August 13, 2018, 06:26:54 PM
Well, I think a betrothal at least, down the road a piece.   ;)

I am mightily amused at all the recent goings-on in game, because about a week ago, I encountered a post on a gaming humor blog I follow that read:

Screen cap of a Tweet reads: "Overlooked D&D mechanic: A level one cleric can perform the spell Ceremony as a ritual. You can marry any willing adult humanoids, and they get a +2 to AC (Armor Class) when they're standing within 30 feet of each other for the next seven days. Marry your PCs before a boss fight."

Comment below reads: "As a GM, I would allow this, but only if they do a full ceremony with cake afterwards."

LOL!  ;D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

Quote from: Evie on August 13, 2018, 05:25:28 PM
I think Aliset will want to be well away from Rhemuth before she even considers asking if he perchance brought his purple stole as well....   ;D

After all that has happened, Columcil has his purple stole permanently in place too. He is beginning to feel like a clerical clothes hanger.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I am curious to see just how long the rouse will last. I think Aliset will want to stay truly concealed until they are days way from Rhemuth. (Well, at least one day, that way Darcy won't be so tempted to just turn around and march her pretty little derriere back to the king. LOL)

Truth be known, I am very glad she had rejoined this quest, even if covertly.  :o
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

I can understand  why she wanted to go but I am concerned that once they know it's Aliset, they will be distracted  trying to protect her. That could cause problems  for them and for Wash's rescue. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of them.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on August 14, 2018, 09:12:10 AM
I can understand  why she wanted to go but I am concerned that once they know it's Aliset, they will be distracted  trying to protect her. That could cause problems  for them and for Wash's rescue. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of them.

I think that they have learned to respect Aliset too much for that - and if Darcy starts trying to overprotect Aliset both she and Aliset will set him right. If anything the problem could be the other way round.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on August 14, 2018, 11:25:38 AM

I think that they have learned to respect Aliset too much for that - and if Darcy starts trying to overprotect Aliset both she and Aliset will set him right. If anything the problem could be the other way round.

Both Aliset and Aliset will?  I know she's a shapeshifter, but does she have multiple personalities on top of that?  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Quote from: Evie on August 14, 2018, 01:23:54 PM
Quote from: revanne on August 14, 2018, 11:25:38 AM

Both Aliset and Aliset will?  I know she's a shapeshifter, but does she have multiple personalities on top of that?  ;D

Hopefully not. Make that Columcil instead. :-D
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Ah, the confidence of youth....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Dear gracious readers,

If you want to participate in an act of futility, I am going to ask for some help in rolling dice. I don't want to roll that much dice my self. Know ahead of time that this is not going to go well, very slim slim chance of it going well.

Make up a man's name, tell me if he is a guard, a farmer, a herdsman, or a Merchant. Give him one weapon: bow, dagger, short sword, or axe. Then sign on the forum chat page with that name. I need you to roll three times. Roll like this, each one separately: !roll 1d6   !roll 1d6  !roll 2d6.

To keep your name free from others knowing which character is yours, just send me a private massage on the forum to Laurna with the name and the  three rolls. I will incorporate them in the story line tomorrow morning.  I will take the first twelve that I receive.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Oh, this could be fun. Let me know if you don't get enough volunteers. I'd be glad to name a few expendable NPCs after a gentle reader or three....   ;)  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

DerynifanK

I did one but would be glad to add another if you want.