• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I was going to look for a picture of a young, brown-haired woman with a single braid, preferably wearing medieval clothing, and post it as a profile photo for my character. One would think it would be relatively easy to find a medievally dressed brunette on Google with a braid (just one) down her back, or over her shoulder, or something!  But no. It would seem that every young female gracing Google Images in quasi-medieval garb is either a blonde or a flaming redhead, and/or has more braids than an octopus has tentacles.  I can just imagine my Aliset at the start of every adventure.  "Excuse me, Bynw, I've got to braid my hair first."

Bynw:  "OK, roll a 2D6 to see how many minutes this is going to take.  No, wait, make that a hundred-sided die.  Two hundred-sided dice if you plan to stick flowers in all those braids too...."

Aliset: "Screw it! Ain't no adventurer got time for that!"   ;D

Or this alternate scenario:

Bynw: "You all wake up with a start, even though it's still an hour from dawn, because your sentry has alerted you that the enemy has snuck up on you unawares and is just now cresting the hill 50 feet away. What are you doing?"

Wash: "I'm grabbing my sword and shield."

Darcy: "I quickly climb up a tree to hide and get a height advantage on our attackers."

Aliset: "I'm still braiding my fluorescent red hair."

Aliset takes an arrow from the exasperated Game Master as the enemy descends upon the campsite.... 
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

I have now downloaded the rules.  Hopefully, I won't have too many questions....

Darcy Cameron shakes his head.  "Oh for goodness sake, just go with it, woman!"
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I am just home from the dentist, a not so fun way to spend a day off. I read the above and I break into a laugh.
Dear ladies, how I needed that!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

Evie see if any of this photos works
One braid but a black and white image from the back  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457185799646531659/

Burnett, hair may be braided.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457185799657256507/

I think her hair is braided.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457185799653157886/

My favorite for your Aliset:
A few semi-permenent braids to keep the bangs back. but no time to braid the rest.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457185799655146103/

Unless your looking for that true sorcerers look.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ASVh4SJja0wK2qlkBi00lfgXvuTsbeVt8lu4FdXm-3eVKH9YxIknalw/

Love it.

DesertRose

Here's a picture with directions for a style involving TWO braids, and it's from the 15th C., so maybe a bit late.   She's shown putting a headdress on over the style, but it might work, and she has brown hair.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AUuYiNbVsLN3BJwRoE74w2EQVIveaSNTd4xAv_ihXvUQL1XA37GJcvs/
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Evie

Laurna's first link (the black and white picture) comes closest to what I was looking for, plus she's wearing a gown that would fit the right general era too. Although if you look at my character profile, I've added a picture now.... ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: Laurna on November 09, 2017, 08:06:29 PM
Here is an image you might like for your pretty lady.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/184014334752102871

I didn't see this one before, but this could work also.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

My Lady Jerusha, Hah!. You almost had me there! Took me all night at work to formulate an answer to Darcy's flames at the kitchen door.
But now I fear I may have to roll the dice. If I fail, I do hope you are there to get us out of this. LOL.
What oh What have I gotten my self into. ;D

Jerusha

Well done, my lady!  I was thinking along the same lines myself.  :)

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Yikes - hope nothing too drastic happens before my character works out how to arrive. He'll have the wherewithall for the last rites though.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Maybe it's just me, though I suspect it might be a good idea to put out that fire so the kitchen doesn't collapse onto the people you are trying to save. (Not to mention those attempting to rescue them.)  Aliset would say something about it, but right now she's out dealing with fractious horses....  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quick question for Bynw re: dice rolls in game play, since this is a story based game.  If we are writing a scene in which something happens that will call for a dice roll, is it OK to just go ahead and do the dice roll on that page (sending you the results, of course), and then continue writing the scene accordingly to whether we succeeded (rolled a 5 or 6 on any of the dice) or not?  For instance, in Laurna's last scene, could she have gone ahead and done a dice roll and then ended the scene with Wash either succeeding at using his telekinesis power or failing at it and needing to take another action (or stepping back to let Darcy try something)?  Or do we need to wait for you to confirm the dice roll?

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Writing my scene. Laurna, is Washburn riding Night Dancer or the destrier?

--WARNING!!!--