• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:00:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Glad Brendan allowed his instincts to lead him. Fantastic story-telling,  Laurna.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Oh my, what message was left behind?  Glad the sword was found, though not pleased it was defiled. But excellent storytelling, Laurna!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Yes, very glad they have the sword back but very curious about the message left.

Also read the whole Kelric stories and love them!! Very good writing!!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

You have a real talent for suspense and cliffhangers  Laurna. What was in that mysteriousl  message that sent Brendan hot foot to the king?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Good one, Laurna!

And what an interesting development, Jerusha!  I wish no ill on Iain; in fact, I hope that Darcy gets a chance to assist his brother in setting the affairs of Isles aright.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

What an unexpected  turn of events. All of you are amazing,. This story has more twists than a pretzel. I do hope Darcy and his brother meet in person and are able to straighten  out things together.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Really nice to get this background for Darcy. I am cheering for Darcy and Iain to get together, and for them to beat that lout of a step father. Those two brothers could make a formidable team.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Pleased to be of help, Laurna. I think that none of this is going to be easy for those who are realising how much they love Wash.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote"No. I find you despicable and I would as soon lay you flat."
Ahh! just the right tone of phrase that matched my reactions.

Father Columcil needs no further penance that what he just had to endure.  :P

DerynifanK

I have wondered if there was more to Feyd's use of Wash than just fulfilling a contract. I did wonder if Wash was somehow  part of that greater mission Feyd had given himself, although I admit I don't  see how yet. But he kept changing what he told Wash from a business contract, to revenge, to escape. I just hope Wash survives this intact, not only physically but psychically  too. It is a scary situation.
It's a shame  that we often don't realize the value of what we have until we have lost it.

DerynifanK

Where is Azim when we need him?

Bynw

ah poor Azim is already deceased. Age will get you if nothing else does. The good Deryni Bishop Denis is in his 80s at this point.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Yes, that is why Bishop Denise did not go down the ladder to help disarm the Portal. Stairs are bad enough. Ladders are a NO. However, once the trap is disarmed, that does not prevent him from Portaling to cellar from the royal Library Portal to help break the Portal trap and reset a new trap.

As for Wash, I am afraid that no matter what  Feyd's purpose is, which has not yet been revealed even to me, my good Lendour knight is nothing but a pawn. My hope is that he is the pawn that stands before the king and is therefor not as expendable as the pawns on the outer edges of the game board. Still a Pawn whom I am wanting to see make it to the end of game play.
Saint Camber and Lord GM Bywn willing.

DesertRose

Quote from: Bynw on July 08, 2018, 11:41:25 AM
ah poor Azim is already deceased. Age will get you if nothing else does. The good Deryni Bishop Denis is in his 80s at this point.

And I don't think Azim's age is ever mentioned, but he's old enough to have an avuncular role in Richenda's life (rather than a fraternal/age-mate role), so that tends to lean towards "he's probably at least fifteen years older than she is, possibly more," in my estimation.

Deryni mostly live longer than non-Deryni, but not many people made it to the other side of 80 in the real-world Middle Ages, so I imagine Denis Arilan is probably perceived as quite old by the other characters still living (though I doubt any of them have the gall to say that to his face, mind!).

I'm sure Azim was honorably interred by his Anviller brothers, though.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

A touch of fear in Valerian's eye?  Oh yes....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany