• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:16:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Didn't know Kelson had a vocabulary  like that, very descriptive.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Well this is frustrating, what tale did Seamus tell Dhugal and where is Richard? Did I miss something?  What is Richard doing? There is such a thing as too much suspense. Scary
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Now that's what I call a cliff-hanger!  :o
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Oh! What, what, what did Seamus tell Dhugal, and what, what, what is Richard up to?
Oh! the suspense!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

I think I'm  either going to have an ulcer  or crise de nerfs  from all these cliffhangers.

revanne

So well done Laurna for for keeping a track of all these portals. Just a pity the dice didn't co-operate. Still what can we expect?
::)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Very discouraging. I was so hoping for at least one success at last. Beginning to feel like Brendan. Poor Wash will never be rescued. DR said it's  darkest before the dawn. Could really use a ray or two of dawn.

revanne

Hoping that my next bit of the story may give that but it will all depend on the dice.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Dawn will be, interesting to say the least, where Washburn is located. I am all ready to go with that additional bit to add to this adventure. But the rest of the night must transpire first ... in somepaces it already has of course as it is nearing dawn for Dhugal and company but not yet for the Rhemuth gang.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

If Gwynedd is more or less Britain in latitude, which would seem right from KK's description of the weather, then I would calculate that dawn would come about half an hour later in Rhemuth than Ballymar in midsummer (further south but also further east which would counteract the former a bit) though it might seem later still without the sea to refract the light. In Stavenham it would probably not get properly dark at all though they would not see the midnight sun as it would dip beneath the horizon for a couple of hours.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

We also have to go by what the PCs and NPCs are doing as well though. Not just astronomical phenomenon. Many times in a game situation with what is called a "split party", that is the PCs are in different places from one another, the time line will not be truly linear. Sometimes somethings will be out of sync. It just happens. I can happen in traditional storytelling as well but even more so in a game. But dawn does come ...
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Wow, revanne.  I didn't see that strategy coming.  Well done!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on June 23, 2018, 10:33:53 AM
Wow, revanne.  I didn't see that strategy coming.  Well done!

Nor did Dhugal😁

I have to confess I enjoyed writing it in such a suspenseful way.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Wow, Revanne, I didn't see that coming either though I did think Richard was  up to something when he hugged Dhugal like that, something he would not ordinarily  do. I hope he survived the attack. Amazing writing 

revanne

Really interesting twist to the story Laurna and capable of all sorts of interpretation.
(Psalm 46 v1)