• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Who set the Haldane Potential in Malcolm?

Started by Lochiel, May 26, 2017, 09:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochiel

I'm rereading the Childe Morgan series for the first time. I'm guessing jessamy MacAthan set the potential in Donal Haldane?  But who set the potential in Malcolm Haldane?  The Camberian Council at this point in time seems like it has lost its focus and much of its knowledge and purpose.  Ideas or did I miss something?
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore

Bynw

I think up it was a mix of the Haldane's themselves with periodic help of the Camberian Council assisting in setting the Haldane potential in all Haldane heirs until Brian and his son Kelson. Here we have a departure since Donal didn't have a high trust of the Camberian Council or it's members.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Raksha the Demon

Quote from: Lochiel on May 26, 2017, 09:20:05 PM
I'm rereading the Childe Morgan series for the first time. I'm guessing jessamy MacAthan set the potential in Donal Haldane?  But who set the potential in Malcolm Haldane?  The Camberian Council at this point in time seems like it has lost its focus and much of its knowledge and purpose.  Ideas or did I miss something?

I don't see anything in In the King's Service that indicates that Jessamy had the background or training to activate Donal's Haldane powers.  She was entrusted with certain triggers for Alyce de Corwyn by Alyce's father, I believe; but nothing is mentioned about her having discovered how to bring out Donal's abilities - I don't think that's information that can be found in any library, at least not one that Jessamy could access.  Who mentored the young Donal in the activation and use of his powers, to the point where he could eventually become the equal of a Camberian Councillor (Sief MacAthan) in Deryni power usage - it is not yet known....