• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Long time lurker - no longer

Started by Bifph, October 06, 2017, 02:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bifph

Greetings and well met,

I have been lurking in and out of this forum for *ahem* years. I've been lurking around KK's books for something approaching 3.5 decades.

Each on of you has been an inspiration to me as I have read many of the fanfic on this board. I recently completed a paperback buying binge to re-establish my personal KK titles. I still have holes to fill, so I will enjoy the hunt.

I picked "Korn" as my avatar because this depiction looks like it could be an KK-inspired apparition.

revanne

Greetings -glad that you are lurking no longer.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Welcome to the Castle!

BTW, if you want to change your avatar (to a photo that you own, that you have rights to use, or that is in the public domain, just for copyright/intellectual property law reasons), you can do that if you like.

I hope you continue to enjoy the forums with an actual account and not just lurking!  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

Welcome to the forum!  Most of KK's books have recently come out in ebook form as well, and whenever she alerts me to a title going on sale, I post those notices here, so you know, if you feel a burning need to add to your already full book collection....  ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Bifph,  welcome to the forum, glad to meet a longtime lurker-no-more. Join us in our many conversations, and don't worry about bringing up old posts if you have a question or an interest there.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on October 06, 2017, 09:27:51 PM
Bifph,  welcome to the forum, glad to meet a longtime lurker-no-more. Join us in our many conversations, and don't worry about bringing up old posts if you have a question or an interest there.

The forum will give you a message if the last post in the conversation was more than 120 days earlier, so don't be alarmed if you see that (it'll be in red type above the field in which you write posts, if the last post was that long ago); just an FYI.

I see it most often if I revive a birthday thread, because we decided a while back that reasonably active forum users who have made their birthdays public should just have a birthday thread that gets bumped every year.  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Thanks for the reminder. We have two belated birthdays that have just passed by without celebration.
May your horses have wings and fly!