• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Hello - another old fan just discovering you all

Started by Arianwen, May 22, 2017, 10:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arianwen

Hi

I first read the Deryni books way back in the 1980s (I read The Bishop's Heir first and remember the long wait for the King's Justice to come out)

I'm still a huge fan and reread regularly. Glad to have found this site - I'm a big reader generally, not just fantasy, and I have never had the chance to chat with other Deryni fans.

Looking forward to chatting with you all - even though I'm on a different time zone! I'm in Asia, but from the UK originally - my claim to fame is I am from the "real" Gwynedd in North Wales.

DesertRose

Welcome!

I'm not sure how the time zones work out, but on Sunday evenings around 7 pm US Eastern, Ms. Kurtz often joins us in the chat room (links for various web-based IRC clients are at the top of the forum, if you don't have/don't want to download a free-standing IRC client) for an hour or so, and on the first Sunday of each month (sometimes gets rescheduled depending on Ms. Kurtz's availability), we do chat at 5 pm US Eastern to allow fans in the UK/Europe to participate without having to stay up until the wee hours of the morning.  If you can make it, please feel welcome to join us in chat; being that you're in Asia, the time difference might make that difficult, and I understand if you can't.  The logs of the chats from when Ms. Kurtz (who logs in as "KK") comes in to when she leaves are posted under "Chat Logs," so you can get a feel for what Sunday chat is like.

I'm glad you found us, and I hope you enjoy the forum!

~DR, forum admin who has the most time on her hands of the admin team ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Welcome to Rhemuth castle forum.  Good to meet you Arianwen.  I love the fact that you say: "my claim to fame is I am from the "real" Gwynedd in North Wales."  That adds to the fun.  :D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on May 22, 2017, 10:42:38 AM
Welcome to Rhemuth castle forum.  Good to meet you Arianwen.  I love the fact that you say: "my claim to fame is I am from the "real" Gwynedd in North Wales."  That adds to the fun.  :D

There is actually a region of North Wales called Gwynedd, which is probably where KK got the name.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Hi Arianwen,

Welcome. Which part of Gwynedd did you come from? - we used to live in Cheshire so I know North Wales well.

It's always worth trying the chat room as someone might be lurking.

Lovely to have you on board, everyone here is really friendly and welcoming - I'm a relative newbie and was really warmly welcomed.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Shiral

Welcome, Arianwen from Real Gwynedd! =o)
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

Welcome! What part of Asia are you in now? That's an awfully big continent!  ;D I am half Filipina, although born and raised mostly in the US, aside from a few childhood years in the Philippines and southern Italy, and then a study abroad term in the UK when I was at university.  And now my husband and I are about to head to Europe for a few days (his first visit and my first since the mid-1980s), so my visits to the forum may be sporadic for the next couple of weeks, but I hope you make yourself at home and enjoy the discussions here. Oh, and the fanfic! If you like to write, feel free to contribute. If not, I assume you at least like to read, since you're here.... LOL!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Demercia

Hi.  Good to have you on board.  I'm another from your original side of the Pond, from the English Midlands, hence my somewhat unoriginal on board name. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Arianwen

Quote from: revanne on May 22, 2017, 03:37:02 PM

Welcome. Which part of Gwynedd did you come from? - we used to live in Cheshire so I know North Wales well.

Hi I'm from Anglesey

Thanks for the welcome  :)

Arianwen

Quote from: Evie on May 22, 2017, 11:19:31 PM
Welcome! What part of Asia are you in now? That's an awfully big continent!

I'm in Malaysia
:)

revanne

Anglesey is one of my favourite places and we had so many lovely family holidays there.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Welcome to our little place on the net. Pin yourself on our growing member map!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Gilreth

Welcome - I am a  regular visitor here but a very sporadic poster..... Think ir ead my first KK book in mid-80's but not entirely sure.

Love Anglesey - we have a couple of friends who live there and who we try to visit regularly. Plus DH spent his first 6 months of working split between Conwy & Bangor - as well as 6 months in Ysbty Gwynedd on his first pre-reg placement (pharmacist). We live t'other side of Pennines (as I have all my life). Malaysia is a country I have connections with - thanks to knowing a fair few Malay-Chinese over the years.