collapse

Welcome to the Worlds of Katherine Kurtz

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle!

KK Chat is at 7pm Eastern on Sundays, except on the first Sunday of the month, when it is at 5pm Eastern to accommodate fans in the UK and Europe.

To register as a member of RhemuthCastle.com please send an email to: rhemuthcastle @ deryni dot net
One of the Admins will contact you for registration information

Come join us in chat! And Happy reading!

Pin yourself on the member map.

Author Topic: Healing General health stuff  (Read 1699 times)

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: Deryni Magic
  • Favorite Character: Rhys Thuryn *sob*
General health stuff
« on: May 05, 2017, 04:34:26 pm »
So anyone who's been in chat recently has probably heard me go on about my digestive woes.  About December 12, I started having what I thought was a stomach bug, except it didn't go away after a few days like a normal stomach bug and hasn't yet.  I have seen my primary care doctor, who referred me to a gastroenterologist, who has sent me for a boatload of tests; the most recent was done on Friday, 28 April, and it was basically the last thing the gastroenterologist can do.  I have an appointment on 10 May to discuss the test results, and they have already referred me to a general surgeon, both because I have a known hernia (high in my abdomen near the base of my sternum) that needs repairing (but is probably honestly not the cause of all this trouble or at least not the sole cause) and also for possible exploratory surgery to see what might be causing all the digestive drama of the last nearly five months.  (I have had several laparoscopic abdominal surgeries over the last fifteen years or so, so adhesions from scar tissue from those are a possible culprit.)

Because of the digestive problems, I have been unable to take the medications to manage my bipolar disorder, because those medications require a full meal to stay down, and I haven't been able to eat a full meal since December 11 (and I fail to see the point of taking medications that aren't going to stay in my system long enough to work, plus the misery of them not staying down--NOPE).  This is not fun, to say the least; I greatly prefer to be med-compliant with my psych meds, and unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done as far as different medications, because I am a royal pain to medicate from a psych-med perspective because I have apparently truly odd biochemistry/I metabolize psych meds strangely, and I have a long history of reacting weirdly to meds, so my psychiatric nurse practitioner is understandably unwilling to tinker until and unless the digestive issues are resolved.

The digestive problems have begun disturbing my sleep (waking me up at 4 or 5 a.m. with pain and nausea, obligating me to wake up and take an anti-nausea medication and pray it works/wait for it to kick in, and hope for the pain to ease off), and ever since the upper endoscopy and colonoscopy on 11 April, the nausea has gotten markedly worse and has developed an annoying refusal to respond to the three different anti-nausea medications I have at my disposal, resulting in countless trips to the emergency room to get IV anti-nausea medications.  No lie, y'all, there's one registration clerk at the ER, a young man probably roughly my daughter's age (early to mid 20's), who knows me on sight and doesn't even ask my name or ask me to verify my identity in any way; he just asks what my symptoms are, pulls my record up in the computer, and starts doing his job.

I am also having some other medical problems that are of a TMI variety, and I just today found out about yet another, also under a different TMI category, that is furthermore in the category of "uncertain significance but could be nothing or could be very bad."

I am tired.  I am so very worn down that it defies description.  Any prayers/healing thoughts/strength/whatever would be so gratefully appreciated.

If you read this long thing, thanks.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan
Re: General health stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:18:24 pm »
I wish I could send you a Healer, who could use non-invasive means to bring you relief and healing.

Instead I send the most supportive thoughts I can, wishes for a diagnosis this is easily fixed, and happier times.

Please  know that you have mnay friends who care deeply for your well-being.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 10:19:14 pm »
I wish the medical field was a more exacting science and you did not have to suffer so long with this unknown illness. DR you are in my thoughts, I want you to feel better soon, soon, soon.

Offline revanne

• Donor
  • Earl/Countess
  • Favorite Book: King Javan's Year
  • Favorite Character: Father Joram MacRorie
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:46:18 am »
Hugs and  prayers.
"All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts."
As You Like It.

Offline Bynw

• Zipper Brother
  • Administrator
  • Baron/Baroness
    • OtherWorlders IRC Network
  • Favorite Book: Two Crowns for America
  • Favorite Character: Camber of Culdi
  • Twitter: anlarye
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 08:23:53 am »
DesertRose you are always in my prayers for healing.

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 02:04:41 pm »
Thank you all.  Y'all are awesome.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Offline Demercia

• Knight/Dame
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 03:04:26 pm »
For some reason this has only just appeared for me.  Prayers and a transatlantic hug.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 03:29:52 pm »
Thanks, Demercia.

The forum has been being a little wonky lately; there were apparently some minor server issues yesterday morning, where it would just not load for a minute and then if I reloaded a minute or two later, it was fine, and then after about an hour, it stopped doing that, so that could be the reason this thread was hiding.  ;)

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 09:11:23 am »
I lack the energy to explain the story, but things have taken a pronounced turn for the worse in the last few days. 

I'm taking today, tomorrow, and Sunday at least and just resting as much as possible, so I may or may not be in chat on Sunday.  I've already taken steps to ensure the log will be posted if I don't make it to chat.

I appreciate everyone's prayers/good energy/general caring, and continuance of same would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

~DR

Offline revanne

• Donor
  • Earl/Countess
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 11:31:50 am »
I hope the next few days are healing for you.
As You Like It.

Offline Laurna

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan & Rhys Thuryn-May they be Family.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 12:18:54 pm »
Be Well, Desert Rose!

Offline Jerusha

• Donor
  • Duke/Duchess
  • Favorite Book: High Deryni
  • Favorite Character: Alaric Morgan
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 02:45:38 pm »
I hope the next couple of restful days send you on the road to recovery.  My thoughts will be with you.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Offline Shiral

• Zipper Sister
  • Earl/Countess
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 03:41:27 pm »
I'm sorry, DR. What you're going through sounds miserable. I hope something is discovered that helps you take a turn for the better and soon!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Offline DesertRose

• Administrator
  • Duke/Duchess
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 05:55:29 am »
Well, the TMI health issue that could have been seriously bad news transpired to be nothing, so that's one bit of stress off my shoulders.  Thank goodness for small favors.

I'm still dealing with the digestive nonsense and other stuff, though, so continued prayers/good wishes are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

~DR

Offline revanne

• Donor
  • Earl/Countess
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 05:57:25 am »
That's good news. Continued prayers and loving gentle hugs.
As You Like It.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

How to Register by Bynw
[November 21, 2017, 07:47:55 pm]

Re: Registration and PM frustrations by Bynw
[November 21, 2017, 03:44:11 pm]

Re: Registration and PM frustrations by Bynw
[November 21, 2017, 03:41:55 pm]

Re: Registration and PM frustrations by MidnightBlue
[November 21, 2017, 03:28:15 pm]

Re: Registration and PM frustrations by Evie
[November 21, 2017, 03:11:51 pm]

* Who's Online