• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Old fan, new to the site

Started by LucyM, March 08, 2017, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucyM

Hi. I've been reading the books since the early 90s. Haven't read them in a while as life has gotten in the way but some stuff has come up recently reminding me about them. And I ended up here.

DesertRose

Welcome!

And no, you don't have to pick a single favorite book! :D

ETA:  If your schedule permits, come join us in the chat room on Sundays around 7 pm US Eastern; Ms. Kurtz herself will pop in for about an hour and hang out with the fans.  On the first Sunday of the month, it's at 5 pm Eastern to allow European fans to participate without having to stay awake until ridiculous hours.  (Sometimes this gets rescheduled, depending on Ms. Kurtz's schedule, but if that happens, someone from the mod team [usually me] will post the schedule change for early chat in the news section.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Welcome. That sounds similar to me - I was reminded of the books some 25 years on, got re-hooked and found Rhemuth Castle. It's  a very friendly community  - I'm from across the pond btw.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Welcome to the site, LucyM.
Don't be afraid to comment on old posts, if you see something that interests you. It is fun when old posts are brought back to the surface and a fresh discussion starts again.
Or start your own post, on what interests you.
I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
May your horses have wings and fly!

LucyM

Thank you all! I don't know how often I'll be on, but I've always loved alt-history and the type of settings found in the Deryni books. Sundays might be difficult every week, but I'd love to see if I could get on sometime.

DesertRose

You don't necessarily have to show up to chat every week; you're welcome whenever you can make it.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

I only make it once a month owing to the difference in time zones and am always made very welcome.

In addition any new fanfic stories are always received with warmth and encouragement if you felt like giving it a go. And you don't need any writing experience, just a love for the characters.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Welcome, LucyM!  I hope you manage to make your way to chat one of these Sundays.  It's a great way to get to know the Forum regulars.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!