• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

The Casting Call!

Started by Bynw, March 06, 2007, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Who would you like to see in the movie based on Deryni Rising??
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

TheDeryni

Ooooh. I'll think on this one and repost in a day or two. Cool question.
Once you think you understand women.....you will find you understand nothing about women.

Rex_Kelsonus (RIP)

very good question......i'll think on it as well

-ambush

PS. new nick for here :)

derynifanatic64

Alaric Morgan--Viggo Mortenson
Edmund Loris--John Noble
Bradene--Jon Voight
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Rex_Kelsonus (RIP)

I agree with those fully.....but, the question remains on my mind.....who should be cast as Kelson?

-ambush

derynifanatic64

Maybe Nick Stahl as Kelson.  Stahl played John Connor in T3: Rise of The Machines.  John Connor didn't start out looking like the leader of the human rebellion against the machines, but ended up defeating the machines.  Kelson was more sure of his abilities to be a good king for Gwynedd and he will most likely go down as the greatest ruler of his kingdom.

Old English

Natalie Portman as either Jehana or Charissa.  It would be interesting to see her play either role.

derynifanatic64

I would like to see Erika Christensen as Charissa.  Her role in Swimfan as the evil other woman was very convincing.  She would make an interesting Charissa.

Shiral

Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter Movieverse) would make a good villain. Perhaps a good Wencit. Sam Neill would be a good Rhydon of Eastmarch

Isaacs might make a fair Morgan, but I've mostly seen him in villainous roles. And he's a little old for Morgan, now.

In terms of looks, Keira Knightley might make a good Araxie. I don't think all that much of her acting prowess, but she is decorative.

As Charissa, perhaps Helena  Bonham-Carter.

Hans Matheson could play the adult Kelson.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Old English

Keira Knightley? *shudders*  Over-rated and talentless.

May as well just put a piece of 2x4 in a dress and wig, paint on a pout with lip-gloss, then prop it up in a corner.  Would be just as good as the real thing - and a darn sight cheaper to employ.   ;)

I love Helena Bonham-Carter, even if all she does these days is portray mentally deranged women in gothic atture, but she'd be too old to play Charissa if the film is sticking to characters' ages from the books.  If not, then yes, absolutely HB-C for Charissa.   Jason Isaacs could be Ian Howell - again if book-age is not strictly adhered to in the movies?

Historian

I think it is really important to keep to the ages in the story. Kelson is only 14. While his training would have imparted some grace of movement, etc. 14 year old boys are by nature gangly. A ripped 18 or 20 something isn't going to project the right image to go with the bout of insecurity, etc.

The others can stretch the age a couple of years one way or the other. I think Natalie Portman is a little young looking for Jehanna, and not cold enough for Charissa. This might be a great chance to use some up and coming talent. 

Helena Bonham Carter might work for Charissa. Could Russel Crowe pull off Nigel or Brion?

Elkhound

This is later in the series than Rising, but I just re-read Quest and kept seeing Tom Fenton (Draco Malfoy) as Connell (in a dark wig, of course).

How about Rupert Grint as Dhugal?

tenworld

MAK, this is what you get when you called for action instead of posting something for a good discussion LOL

Shiral

Quote from: Elkhound on July 30, 2007, 02:12:27 PM
This is later in the series than Rising, but I just re-read Quest and kept seeing Tom Fenton (Draco Malfoy) as Connell (in a dark wig, of course).

How about Rupert Grint as Dhugal?

Hmmmmm, that might work!

Only one person could play King Donal in my opinion.... Sean Connery.  ;)

I've also thought that perhaps Mira Sorvino would make a good Charissa.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Elkhound

RG is the only redheaded boy the right age I can think of.

But if anyone suggests Daniel Ratcliff as Kelson. . . .  .!