• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Last Kingdom

Started by tenworld, November 04, 2020, 10:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenworld

this is the story of King Alfred and the Danes on Netflix. Its a bit gory but is reasonably accurate (for a TV series) historically except for the main character Uetrich (Alexander Dreymon), a Saxon raised by Danish Vikings  I found the scenes where Uetrich and a priest are helping a young heir get his crown reminded of Morgan and Kelsen in the early Deryni books. And later when Alfred's son is dealing with noble who want to manipulate him it echoed Javan's world.  Several of the cast of this series would fit well in a Deryni movie, if ever.

Nezz

What's it rated? Is there (much) sex or language? How does it compare to GoT for appropriateness for young teens?

Jerusha

I have been reading the books and they are very good (though perhaps not for the faint of heart).  Unfortunately, I don't have netflix, or I would watch the series.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

tenworld

Quote from: Bethane on November 04, 2020, 11:04:24 AM
What's it rated? Is there (much) sex or language? How does it compare to GoT for appropriateness for young teens?

Its probably R. It has nudity, mostly flashes, but nothing like GoT. Rape scenes are muted. But it is very realistic as far as battles so very gory, lot of eyeballs getting popped. Not bad on language, they say "hump" instead of F@#%, and "turd" a lot.

Nezz

Quote from: tenworld on November 04, 2020, 03:47:31 PM
But it is very realistic as far as battles so very gory, lot of eyeballs getting popped.

:P

Laurna

I watched the netflex series last year and liked it very much. I have not read it, my reading time has been limited so I may not try this one for now.
May your horses have wings and fly!