• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
Sogou

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Question on Deryni eBooks

Started by Bynw, January 20, 2017, 08:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Joe Sullivan wants to know whether any of the Deryni books will be out in eBook format any time soon.

Katherine replies: "I don't know of any plans for eBook editions of any of the Deryni books, but I understand that Warner has issued eBooks of the two Templar books, The Temple and the Stone and The Temple and the Crown. I did read recently that eBooks are not doing as well as publishers predicted they would, so some lines are shutting down these operations. I think this probably means that the time of electronic formats has not yet come. I know that I, for one, want to hold a book in my hands and turn the pages and smell the paper and ink and underline favorite passages—and I suspect that most other readers do, too."
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Well, the answer to this question has certainly changed in the years since it was first submitted to the static board!   ;D  Nearly all of Katherine's books are now available in eBook form, at least in the US (and I think more recently they have started becoming available internationally as well via Bookbub).
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

salliboo

i want to replace my entire collection of books. unfortunately i had to leave them all behind in america when i moved to australia a year and half ago. i know i can order them from amazon as i prefer real books to ebooks but sure wish they were sold more out here. also i was wondering if anymore books in the deryni universe would be written.

Laurna

WOW that is an amazing move. I want to visit Australia some day. We have one lady from Australia that visits often. I think most of KK's Deryni series are now out in E-book form. Watch the sight, occastionaly Evie announces when they are on sale for a very low price. THese books are always enjoyable to reread.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Quote from: salliboo on October 16, 2018, 09:26:36 PM
i want to replace my entire collection of books. unfortunately i had to leave them all behind in america when i moved to australia a year and half ago. i know i can order them from amazon as i prefer real books to ebooks but sure wish they were sold more out here. also i was wondering if anymore books in the deryni universe would be written.

@salliboo ebooks are nice as you can take more with you as you travel but real books are still nicer in my opinion. nothing like flipping through pages.

yes more books are planned and of course in the meantime we have plenty of fan fiction here to read as well

come join us in the chat on sundays with Katherine herself, although that might be monday morning for you depending on where down under you are
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Hopefully you will manage to find more copies where you are now. Here, they tend to pop up fairly often in used book stores, so maybe you will have more luck trying those, or if not, you might see if some of the online used bookstores like Half.com will ship to Australia. If so, then buying an inexpensive used copy might help offset the additional price of international shipping.

If you decide to try the e-books instead despite your preference for printed copies, I do post some links to sales from time to time as KK makes that information available to me. However, be aware that not all of the sales apply to the non-US market, because licensure for those publications is different. There are a few that will apply, however, especially some of the Bookbub sales. If I know that a particular sale is available for non-US purchasers, I usually will make a note of that in my post. Or if you happen to visit the US, you can stock up on the Kindle e-books on any device that can read Kindle books (download directly to the device, don't just store them in the Amazon Cloud), and that way when you return to Australia, you should still have access to those books. Or do the same thing with print copies found at used book stores, but that could cost you a small fortune in overweight baggage fees if you buy a lot of books.  :)

I have most of KK's books in print, e-book, and audio versions (though I can't really recommend any but the first trilogy in audiobook since I can't stand the narrator who did the rest of the series).  They all have upsides and downsides, in my opinion.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: salliboo on October 16, 2018, 09:26:36 PM
also i was wondering if anymore books in the deryni universe would be written.

Sorry, I missed this earlier! Katherine is currently trying to get a start on a book tentatively titled "The Road to Killingford," but she's had so much real life stuff going on in recent years, she's not made much progress on it yet. I think it is still in the planning stages rather than in the active writing stage of things.

--WARNING!!!--

salliboo

thank you everyone. i'm in adelaide, south australia (second time and hopefully last overseas move as we went back to take care of my mom for 8 years). i married an aussie who know that we will need one room dedicated to books eventually. lol i actually have a kindle which was a present from my dad when we lived in tennessee. i use it for mainly free books and a few that i have bought after reading the first one in a series which was free. i just really prefer real books for my fave authors in particular.

as for real life, i fully understand and will try to wait patiently for new books. lol i will attempt to visit chat too.