• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:54:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Question on the Temple series

Started by Bynw, January 20, 2017, 08:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Julia Steinberg asks: "In the Temple series, how is le Maitre of Le Cercle chosen? Was Christophe le Maitre between Maitre Jean who we meet in the first book and Arnault, who gets the title after the raid on Nogaret's castle? (I don't recall the title being used in the second book up until that point.) Also, if the Stone was deposited in Loch Ness, does this mean that future Scottish kings (after Bruce) didn't get the empowerment that came from its use in the coronation ceremony?"

Katherine replies: "I would guess that the senior members of Le Cercle elect le Maitre, in a similar manner to the way the Master of the Temple is elected. However, the title is more ceremonial than functional on a day-to-day basis, given the kinds of work that Le Cercle does."As for the Stone of Destiny—there are, of course, at least two stones whose keepers claim that they have the real one. The one formerly resident under the Coronation Chair in Westminister Abbey now resides in Edinburgh Castle with the Scottish Crown Jewels. Another, the last I heard, was kept in the People's Museum in Glasgow, having been in the guardianship of one of the modern Templar groups. (I've seen and touched both of them, for what it's worth.) But given the premise of The Temple and the Stone, neither of these is the real Stone—and much real world history tends to support this argument. This meant that, if Debby and I were to exercise responsible stewardship regarding this particular esoteric object, we had to speculate about a suitable safe haven for the real Stone. Given other associations with Loch Ness and its guardian, the Loch seemed like a good place to put the true Stone for safekeeping, where it could act as a catalyst and an anchor for the ongoing Work of the Temple—part of which became the establishment and cementing of Scotland's Sovereignty. Yes, this means that Scottish kings from the time of Robert the Bruce have not been crowned on the Stone of Destiny—but perhaps the mandate of Scottish kings changed somewhat, after Bruce. Certainly, Scotland's resurgence in recent years suggests that the winds of history are not yet finished with this remarkable nation."
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com